Why do men like to barbecue?

@bigott (619)
fellow mylotters in next few hours i will put up few questions about men. let see whats your opinion
@ladym33 (11007)
I think that secretly men would like to cook, but many are afraid it will not seem macho for them to do so. But barbecuing is acceptable. So they enjoy getting out there and cooking on that grill. It also might have something to do with the heat and the fire, and the perfectly cooked meat and other foods when they come off the grill. It provides sort of an instant reward for a job well done.
@bigott (619)
i think men will only cook if danger is involved :p) thankx for respondin'.
@Shar11 (419)
I think my husband loves to barecue because he is outdoors with a lot of fire haha!I do most of the cooking in the house but he definitely does the barbecuing.. And he's quite good at it too.. that could be another reason why he likes to do it... He sees how much we all enjoy what he makes and it makes him feel satisfied.. Now if I could get him to do the dishes I will be a happy woman :)
@bigott (619)
Thankx for respondin'
Hm Barbecue is mostly seen as macho I suppose, and it reinforces how manly they feel? But besides that most of them love meat, I think they its satisfying to be outdoors with the family and provide. Normally, men aren't really the cooks of the house. They're in control during a bbq, and seem like they know exactly what they're doing. Its a way of gaining power I guess.
@bigott (619)
well u can say that thankx for respondin'!!!