It finally SOLD!

@ersmommy1 (12600)
There is this house 2 doors down from us. When it went into foreclosure the selling price was $80,000. Someone bough it and flipped it. The renovations were wonderful. We went in during an open house. All I can say is wow. But it didn't sell at the asking price of 135,000. My hubby met and spoke with our new neighbor. Apparently he found the house on craigslistof all places. Its a 4 br house w/ 2 bathrooms and 2 kitchens. I guess you'd call the other kitchen a kitchenette. It went for $125,000. Would expect to find a home on craigslist? I never thought to look. Has a home near you sold recently?
@lilybug (21148)
That sounds like a nice house. I could really use the 2 kitchens about now with all the toffee I have been making. The house next door is for sale right now. It has been for sale for almost a year now. Another house down the road sold about 8 months ago, but that is it as far as house sales nearby. There are not all that many houses close by though.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Yeah it would be nice o have two kitchens unless the other one was down in the basement and you had to keep going up and down the stairs alot. Of course it is a good way to get daily exercise in.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
HA! The 2nd kitchen is in the basement. Very perceptive.
@lilybug (21148)
Yeah, but the basement kitchen would work fine for me because I would not be bringing the food upstairs to eat. It would be packaged into boxes and only brought upstairs to go out the door to the post office.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
No I wouldn't but then I never expected to see one on Ebay either so I guess you never know about these things. Craigslist would be a place to put it since it gets lots of web traffic to it and so alot of people would see it. I am glad it sold now you have new neighbors whom you can maybe be friends with. Do they have children?
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Hey thanks for the best response I appreciate it alot.
I would not have thought to look on craigslist.org for a house, but it makes sense. Some people are hoping to save that 7% commission to the agents.
@stephcjh (32328)
That is nice to hear. We have 5 new homes around us and none of them have sold. People are living in the free of charge now though. It is hard to explain. The owner didn't pay his workers so he let them live there free for now. All of the homes are now trashed too.
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
I don't know if any homes near me have sold. because I just moved and really don't the neighborhood all to well yet. We are renting. But I have seen houses be bought for a low price. Someone puts money in to it than flips it and makes money off it. I say in this economy. If anyone can do it....go for it.