The power went out today - and it was a good thing!

@reinydawn (11649)
I didn't go to work again today because I knew it was time to go to the doctor. A week is way too long to have a cold. Well, it was a sinus infection. I got my medicine and came back home to rest. Well, I ended up watching my soap and not sleeping. Until the power went out that is! We've had really strong winds today, I mean the house was pretty much rocking from them. I was watching my taped episode of Days of Our Lives when I heard a loud BANG and the power went out. I knew a transformer had blown so I called the electric company. The recording gave me little hope that we'd have power back on any time soon. After reporting the outage I layed back down on the couch and with nothing better to do went to sleep. A much needed sleep since I haven't been sleeping well with this sinus infection. I slept for a few hours, my husband was not about to wake me when he got home from work, but my cell phone rang and that woke me up. Luckily the power came on shortly after that because it was starting to get a bit cold in here! I do feel much better, weither from the nap or the medicine I don't know.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
I am glad you are feeling better! Sleep is sometimes what our bodies need to recoop! Next time, don't wait for the power to be out to get some much needed rest! I hope you get well!
@reinydawn (11649)
I probably would have falled asleep anyway, I was dozing off a bit. But since I was trying to pay attention to the show on TV I wasn't asleep yet.
Yeah, I understand how you feel with your nose running and outside the wind is blowing hard. The weather is pretty cold and you should take all the rest you can take. I would do the same thing if there is nothing else to do. Without electricity I can only open my laptop for two hours before it is out of battery. How loving your husband is. He loves you - that's why he didn't even wake you up when he was home from work. And I am glad you feel better after the nap and furthermore you have taken your medicine. I hope you will recover and get healthy 100% soon. Rest well, and happy posting again since you've got back your electricity. Bye for now...
@reinydawn (11649)
If I had a laptop I would have stayed awake playing on it and not gotten my nap. That's one time I'm glad I didn't have a laptop :)
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey reiny! I'm really glad that you're feeling better now! I told you that it was a sinus infection! You should have just paid me!lol I can usually tell when I get them. They are different then a cold. The make you feel worse and the give you more of a head problem. That's why when you said you had a headache for a long time it reminded me of when I get sinus infections and they are truly miserable. So I'm glad you went to the doctor and got medication for it. So now you should be feeling better soon. Glad your power went back on. It was really windy today. Thankfully we didn't loose power, but I'm surprised that we didn't.
@reinydawn (11649)
Yeah, I was figuring an infection also, but it's been a couple years since I've had one. I do feel much better!!! I should be back to "normal" in a couple days :)
I hope you are feeling much better now. I have so far resisted getting any long term infections. I was a little puffy in my eyes, but my optometrist has recommended an eye drop that I keep on hand. I also have a prescription antihistamine/decongestant, and it lasts me a really long time. If I take it soon enough when my sinuses act up, I only take one or two, total, and I knock out the infection. It was great that you could sleep.
@reinydawn (11649)
I haven't been sick like this in years. I totally forgot how awful it can be. I do feel much better today than I have in a week! Thanks :)
@tyc415 (5706)
Glad to hear it is just a sinus infection and nothing worse. Those sinus infections can be heck can't they? I am sure it is a combination of the nap and the meds that made you feel better when you woke up.
@reinydawn (11649)
I haven't had a sinus infection in YEARS! I was hoping not to have them again actually... But I guess it was time... I do feel so much better now though!
@agrant10 (1446)
I'm glad you had a chance to rest and I'm glad you feel better. It was great when the lights came back on when they did being cold is miserable.
@reinydawn (11649)
We were lucky this time. Once in an ice storm the power was out for 3 days. It was about 35-40 degrees in the house. We were pretty cold!!
I remember just last week being at a volleyball tournament and the power going off. It would have been really good to play extra and i was kind of disappointed. However there has also been school days that i've been let out early because of the power going off. Sometimes its good sometimes it sucks.
@reinydawn (11649)
If ours had stayed out much longer it wouldn't have been very good. It was starting to get very cold in the house. YUP, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not...