Scary/Interesting/Dangerous (Police Chase)

@Chevee (5915)
I am looking at the television and on CNN there is a police chase going on in Boward County, Florida, a very dangerous high speed chase, a robbery suspect in in the car. Two as a mater of fact. I don't ever recall ever witnessing a police chase in real life. It is a very dangerous situation, the driver in the get away car is breaking all the traffic rules. Driving on the side of the interstate, running traffic signs, lights. Everyone in his path is in danger. Have you ever seen a police chase in progress? If you were in the path of a police chase what would you do?
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
This is so funny that you'd write this right now. On the news last night it showed a fellow that had broke out of a jail several hundred miles away and he was here in the bar and someone reported that to the local police. The police came ready to apprehend this fellew but he was wise to the fact that he was busted so he somehow crawled through a window and got out. The police were on hot pursuit on foot. The jail bird ran to a passing train and he jumped up on the moving train and thinking he had it made in the shade he even waved to the running policeman. Guess what happend, yep the train stopped and the police got their man.
@Chevee (5915)
One for the policemen
@myklj999 (18141)
Have you ever seen a police chase in progress? Yep...and a couple of times I managed to lose them...but it was out in the country and stuff, not on any highway or anything. Usually I just pull over, but if I'm out in the boonies and I think I can lose them...I'm gone.
@Chevee (5915)
You sound like my neighbor, he was good at that when he was a little younger. And could afford a fast car.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi chevee, Yes I have seen police chases on the roads where I live many times. And what the driver does it yield to the police and get out of the way not matter what the cars are doing. You try your best to pull over to avoid the cars that are in the chase so that you don't get hurt! It is a very scary situation especially if the car that is being chased is driving on the wrong side of the road! These things really do happen in real life and you need to be aware and alert at all times!
@fwidman (11515)
I have never seen one although I have listened to a few on my police scanner. They are terrible If I was on the road and saw one, I think I would pull off to the side of the road and pray I don't get hit
@Jezebella (1446)
I have watch police chases on television, but not in person. I have seen a police officer chasing someone on foot. It was kind of weird. We were sitting on the porch one night years ago and a guy runs past us, then a cop runs past chasing the guy. It was a weird thing to witness, you never really think about it until it actually happens.
Hi Chevee, That is very scarey indeed, I think it si disgusting thw we still have to put with criminals that endangers innocent life for their greedyness, I Have never been in that sistuation amist for a police chase, but if I was when my husband is driving, he would pull up safely as possibale onto the side of the raod. Hugs. Tamara
@hiddenwing (3721)
Nope! My former roommate told me she sometimes watched chasing in progress on CNN. I just wondered what would it like.. I have never watched something like that
@aditya540 (328)
I would panic a lot and first let me say that i have lot of fobia towards police and ill run away seeing them although my uncle is a cop,i am very much afraid of cops, dono why but i have some negative feelings towards them and moreover i do velieve that they are perhaps most dangerous persons!!!!!!
Oh yes I watched a lot of these chases and some of them involved innocent people getting hurt or killed on the televsion. If I were driving and got in t he path I would pull over and slow down as safely as possible which is what you are supposed to'do.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i was watching that to. if i hear sirns i always pull off toh side & let whoever it is get by. those people were not even bulging.