DO YOU BELLEVE IN THE MORNING AFTER PILL?

this is not an abortion. So how do you feel?
@bhchy1 (6052)
I'm for birth control..but in cases of rape..incest..yes. Every women who has been raped should get that pill as part of her medical attention afterward..as well as teh HIV cocktail for prevention of that as well.
@jermwil (104)
Okay, educate me with fact. Who has a link to a vivid description of the process of the "morning after pill"? Everyone is throwing their opinion of it's process around like they are doctors, I would like to read it before I comment. My main concern is it merely a contraceptive (preventing fertilization), or is it discarding of a fertilized egg. I find it hard to accept that it would be a contraceptive.....if taken 48 hours after the act.....educate me with resources and facts please. :-) Jerm
@rainbow (6763)
In some circumstances it can be good, rape, one night stand. There are better contraceptions available, and it doesn't protect against disease. I don't believe it is a good thing generally, I wouldn't want to take it.
@lisamantz (141)
The morning after pill could very well be getting rid of an egg that isn't even fertilized. An egg can take up to 48 hours to be fertilized... those little swimmers take a long time! I think the morning after pill is obviously not the best planning, yet it is much more responsible than waiting for that missed period and freaking out, and trying to make a decision that no woman wants to make; whether to keep an uplanned/unwanted child.
@leeoz22 (183)
I agree the morning after pill does not cause an abortion it just stops you getting pregnant
@Andy77 (432)
I'm not for or against the morning after pill. I think for women who have been raped, it is a relief. But, don't fool yourself, it does prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. What is very foolish is to risk HIV/AIDS or herpes by not using protection. Do you realize 20% of women and 10% of men have herpes? It's not curable. 25% of everybody have an STD.
I think it is the same as an abortion without the surgery.