Have you ever been a victim online?

@celestos (814)
have you ever lost money or have ordered something online and never recieved it? What was the companies excuse and did you ever recieve some kind of refund?
I bought a couple of games from Ebay once and I never got them but the seller sent me the proof of postage so I couldn't do anything about it, which really wound me up. It's so annoying when the thing you are expecting doesn't arrive!
@wolfie34 (26793)
Did you not make a claim against the Post Office? I do believe there is a form that you can fill in to make a claim over lost items certainly in the UK this is thus, if your seller has a certificate of posting then it's the Post Office at fault.
@jofeli (504)
Yes, I think we've been fraud once on Ebay. A seller claimed to have a wholesale cellphone business then we transferred the money to his account. Guess what we bought 5 cells from him and he never sent us the items. Up til now the items never arrive. It was six years ago actually. Later when I checked his nickname again on Ebay and contacted him again he had disappeared. A friend of mine called his house (after searching his number on the internet) but his mom (maybe) told him he wasn't home. Gosh! I certainly should be careful next time I want to buy online. Thanks..
@celestos (814)
I have actually been took on Ebay more then once,enough that I stopped using the service.
@bowtieguy (5930)
I did order I cd online once it was used and when I got it it was the right case but the wrong cd inside. I was able to send it back and recieve a refund, and went to a diffrent site to order the cd. The second time I got the right order.
@marcialoyd (1174)
I've never been in a situation where I did not recieve what I paid for. But I did order a cell phone on EBAY one time and when I recieved it it did not work. Paid $150 for it to. I went around and around with the seller but never did get a refund.I chalked it up to a very expensive lesson learned. I no longer shop on EBAY for expensive items. This seller that scammed me was a Power seller. :-(