Would you apply some Olive Oil on your face?

olive  - olive
France
This morning after taking a shower I found my skin really dry and it's been a long time since I wanted to try so I went to the kitchen and flow a drop of Olive Oil in my hand and applied it on the face The effect is really appreciable and I guess it's really nutritive for the skin. Would you do it? Do you have this habit? There is also something else I want to try it's to mix it with the juice of the grated carrot I bought and apply it, Do you think that would be good? What would you mix with Olive Oil to apply on the skin?
@se7enthbird (8328)
i see my wife do that but she put the olive oil on salts before she scrubs gently on her face, sometimes with sugar that she scrubs on her elbows and knees. i can not say now how many times does she do that. i just see her doing that and i saw her mixing the olve oil with salt and sometimes sugar.
• France
Interesting
@onesiobhan (1330)
I actually use a soap that's made with an olive oil base. It's the best soap I've ever used.
• France
O, That sounds good
I use Palmer's Olive Oil Body Lotion, Palmer's Olive Oil Grow Therapy and Organic Roots Olive Oil Sheen Spray on my have hair. It makes my skin and hair regain their natural looks.
• France
Those spray are really good not to waste too much of the product Even to apply on salads and stuffs
@kun2349 (23475)
i have not heard about that b4 and have not came across the same thing too.. This is the 1st time i know about such a thing.. haha ^_^ All i know is that olive oil is good for our health, but i din know that we can actually use it on our body too ^_^ HOw effective isit?? DOes it really make our skin smooth?? Maybe i will be tempted to try it if the results comes out good.. hehe ^_^ and i dunno about the carrot thing as well.. All i know is using cucumber or lemon on their faces.. haha
• France
I wouldn't try lemon but cucumber is excellent indeed and well it seems Oilive Oil effect is very good, except for peopel having oily skin
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I don't see where it would be harmful so therefore I would try if I needed it. I have heard of natural remedies for acne like this before, and although I haven't tried it myself I think that it would be a good idea. I have also heard that Olive Oil is good for a dry rashey area. I am not sure if it would work though, but I did try Canola Oil for my fiance one time on a rashey area, and he didn't particularly like it but it helped the itching stop.
• France
Interesting
@mentalward (14695)
Hmmmm... thinking here! If I were going to use olive oil on my skin, I doubt I'd mix it with anything. Water is the best thing for dry skin. If you wash your face and rub the olive oil on it without drying your face first, your skin will remain hydrated longer. I've heard that oatmeal is good for the face, too. Well, it's supposed to be good for all of our skin anywhere on our bodies. You could mix the olive oil with oatmeal and see what you get. I've never used olive oil, but I have used Vitamin E oil when I was pregnant. I heard that it prevents stretch marks. I punctured a Vitamin E gelcap and squeezed out the oil into my hand, then rubbed it all over my tummy. Apparently, this stuff works because I never got any stretch marks! My skin loved it! The oil made it more resilient and flexible. So, if it's good for a big, fat pregnant belly, it should be good for the face, too. Good luck!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Oatmeal is very good for the face and hands. When I lived on a farm we had many avocado pear tres and I would mash a pear and mix it with oatmeal to make a face mask. Had to lie down thougfh with a towel under my head to catch the droppings. Worked very well.
@mentalward (14695)
Hi cynthiann! Your face mask sounds good! (Good enough even to eat! LOL) I just planted a couple of pear trees this year so maybe I'll have some pears soon and will try your mask! Thanks for mentioning it!
• France
MMMmmmmmm, Many excellent advices here. Thanx
@savypat (20246)
Don't mix anything with it, if you want an intense treatment, put it on and then put a very warm wet cloth on for about ten mins. Your carrot is full of vit A so it could also be applied in this manner. Be carful with the carrot because it can stain your skin. Enjoy
• France
You mean I have to do this handling with carrot juice or Olive Oil?
@savypat (20246)
Sorry I thought you were going to shred the carrot, I gues you ould combine the olive oil and carrot juice if you want to. I just know carrot will stain you orange sometimes, I had it happen to my hand when I shred them by hand.
• France
Yeah, I saw it in previous answers Better not to do it
@Roseo8 (2947)
I have read that olive oil is good for the skin.But since I already have an oily skin,I cannot apply it on my face.....And home remedies like mixing with grated carrot will definitely help.At least you need not fear of any side effects ,so go ahead and experiment..Good luck to you....
• France
I wonder what would be those side effects
@Roseo8 (2947)
Well,if you use the cosmetics that you get off the shelf,thye may sometimes contain some harmful chemicals that will do more harm than good to your face ans skin..But using veretables and fruits a s face pack is easier and have no ill effects on your skin.....
• France
I agree with you, That's why I never use them...
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i have never put it on my face because i use a moistirizer every morn but i'm sure it would be good for your skin it's real dry. i have used vegatable oil on my hands when they would be real dry.
• France
What moisturizer do you use? I'm very careful with them...
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i use revlo's eterna 27. have used it for years. i can't find it here but a walgreen's in a town about 10 miles fro here carries it. have a good sunday.
• France
So, It's only benefit for your skin?
@writersedge (22579)
If my face was not so white, I would. I think some other kind of oil like maybe sunflower oil would be better for someone this white. Maybe soybean oil. I would be afraid that the color in it would stay on my face. I know of some Italians who od it and their skin looks much younger than most people their age. Don't know if it's heredity or if its the olive oil. But they say it's the olive oil. Take care
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
People og Italian heritage have a natural olive complexion - but it is not from usaing the oil. It is hereditary. I would never use coconut oil. It smells of coconuts. In my adopted country people use it for cooking too and I cannot stand the smell. However, it is healthy to use it for cooking. But not me!
@writersedge (22579)
We don't use it for cooking, ever. So we think it smells good. There are lots of things made for hair and skin with coconut oil in it and I think it smells great, but I've never smelled it frying, or burning. Take care
• France
All good nutritionists would tell you to replace usual oil with Olive Oil because it has strong antioxydants properties
@balasri (26554)
Olive oil with the yellow of the egg and a lite glycerin and a few drops of lemon juice will make a fantastic face mask.My wife uses it at times and she applies what is left in the bowl to my face if I am home at the computer too.So I can vouch for it from my personal experience.
• France
I'll keep that in mind
@balasri (26554)
You will think of me as your face shines.
@Saxheel (43)
In the winter when I was going through a really bad eczema phase, I would make a paste of olive oil and sugar, and rub on my face. It exfoliated my skin, as well as giving it a nice glow and giving it some relief from the dryness that my skin gets every winter. It worked wonders =)
• France
Interesting
Yep! It works great! The best thing to do though, is use it as soon as you get in the shower, because if you do it at the end of your shower, your face is still oily. But at the start of the shower, the steam has cleared up most of the oil by the time you get out =)
@phyrethyme (1267)
Hmm.. My mom applies olive oil on her skin after shower. She does this at night. It smells really good. :) I'm not very patient with routine stuff like applying lotions and all. My mom buys the olive oil from stores like the body shop. She doesn't mix it with anything. :)
• France
You're too young and radiant to think about it for now. Maybe, you'll be thinking about me few years later
Hahaha. Thanks. XD
Put olive oil on your skin at night, let it soak in and wask your face in the morning. It works! And after a shower just use a good moisturiser, or if you shower before bed you can use olive oil.
• France
To apply it just before sleeping and leaving it like that is great idea. I suppose this would have a great effect, penetrating properly.
My Great-Great-Grandmother used to use salt along with the Olive oil and rub it in vigorously. That way she got her exfoliation along with moisturizing. It worked really well. She was 81 when she passed, had very few wrinkles, and very nice skin.
• France
O, I will try this thing
@kkanaka (887)
I like your idea so much... My skin also feels dry after shower for the last few days and I didnt know what to do.... when you referred to olive oil I feel like yessss do that... thanks for the info.... sorry i was not much help..
• France
I'm just happy to inspire you
@_sketch_ (5709)
No I would never do it. it is too oily. I use Aveeno lotion. It works real well. My mom always uses olive oil though, not just on her face either, but on her hands, arms, legs and I think even in her hair. I have never thought of using carrot juice though. I think that would probably work great.
• France
Olive Oil is better except if you wanna find yourself with a Pumpkinhead eventually
@Bethany1202 (3432)
The thought of applying any type of oil to my skin isn't very appealing to me, but you said you only applied just a small drop, and I know olive oil is supposed to be pretty healthy, so maybe one day I will give it a try. Never hurts to try something once! If I like it, it may become a new thing for me! I usually just use lotion, but once in awhile, especially in the colder months, my skin seems extra dry. This might be a good time to try out the olive oil.
• France
It was pretty ok for me to try but I suppose mixed with some other things can be even better and I'm still not sure about it. There should have many different way of using it for this matter
@applefreak (3131)
wow that's something i've never thought about. i've tried using olive oil for my hair when i used to swim very often. when i find my skin dry, i try to drink lots of water. it really helps moisturise the skin. i have combination skin, with my t-zone oily so i don't think i'll try olive oil anytime soon. i guess i'll stick to water for the time being. cheers
• France
Nothing harmful about it
@wildplace (154)
Seems you find yourself the cleopatra way. She was using olive oil too. So why not. But I won´t mix it.
• France
Alright