Is there any problem in eating many french fries?

Hi there, Please tell me is there any problem in eating so many french fries in a day? Will it affect our health in any way? Also tell me that is there any side effect with eating french fries even in a small quanitity?
@smilyn (2964)
Yes, eating lots of french fries is not good for your health. Because any starch when heated rapidly through frying, baking, microwaving, may be hazardous to your health if consumed more. French fries has lots of carbohydrates in it. So continuous heating of this carbohydrate result in generat ion of acrylamide, a known carcinogen, as a byproduct. This is very hazardous to health..
Hi smilyn, Thanks a lot for your kind response. This response is c;ear;y explaining the problems of eating many french fries. I am shocked to hear that this is HAZARDOUS to HEALTH. Can we eat it as a small amount?
@smilyn (2964)
yes, you can eat french fries once in a while and not daily..that too in small quantities..Otherwise you can go for baked or boiled potatoes alone instead of the deep fried potatoes..And by the way, just now I noticed that you have changed your profile picture..(I did not login to mylot for the past 20 days..)Good one..
@thanujad (405)
• Sri Lanka
This much loved item of food however has been condemned and criticised as junk food by nutritionists the world over. Fries are said to cause obesity as well as host of other diseases. However, such criticism hasn't done much to damage consumers' love for french fries. People the world over are known to spend over 75 million dollars on such food. People like to have their french fries prepared in different ways; some like them thin, some thick and some spicy. Scientists are now trying to find new methods to make better fries, which combine the aspects of taste, texture and nourishment. They are applying the basic principles of engineering and chemistry towards this end. Who knows, their studies may actually lead to us eating healthy fries in the future!!!!!!!!!
Hi thanujad, Nice to meet you. Thanks for your kind and detailed response. Your answer is great. Let the last sentence said by would be happened in the future. Happy earnings and happy posting. Regards Riaz
@fgaloma (163)
i think eating frech fries everyday will cause some defect on your kidneys because of the salt and flavorings, but i guess it delecious that you can't stop from eating. hehehe. i'll suggest that you eat it after having a meal. make it a desert not a regular meal, ok.
Hi fgaloma, Thanks for the kind response. OK I will value your suggestion. I will make it as a dessert (and not a desert, hehehe). Happy mylotting and happy earnings Regards Riaz
It depends on how much you're eating, and how they're prepared. For example, french fries that are deep fried in oil (such as MacDonalds) are VERY, VERY bad for you (French Fries from MacDonalds are also very bad because of all the preservatives in them! Watch Super Size Me to see how long they last without going bad.). However, French Fries deep fried in oils such as sunflower oil that are fresh cut (such as french fries from New York Fries) are quite a bit better for you. The best way to have french fries is to fresh cut them at home and bake them (not fry, and DEFINATELY don't deep fry). If they are cooked this way, they are just as good for you as baked or mashed potatoes! :D
Hi ashewalton, Thanks for your kind and detailed response. You won my award for best response. Also nice to meet you. IF you have any doubt in earning in mylot please feel free to send me a PM to me. I can give you guidance in mylot. So thanks once more and I am marking your response as best response now. HAPPY? Happy mylotting and happy earnings Regards Riaz
i don't know anything about the side effects but i eat a lot of them and nothing happens to me i guess it's because they are make out of potatoes.
Hi PREDMAN13, Thanks for the kind response. So you eat many french fries and don't have any side effects. So I am taking your response as good and think that French fries is a nice food. Happy mylotting and happy earnings Regards Riaz
• Lubbock, Texas
Even if the potatoes are cut fresh, no additives or preservatives added to them and they are fried in the healthiest oil possible, eating a lot of fried foods will eventually lead to clogged arteries and heart disease. Even in small quantities, the ones you get at fast food places will eventually have a negative effect on your health because of the additives and preservatives in them. The side effects may not show up for many years.
Hi thebeaddoodler, Thanks for your kind response. Yes, Fast food are giving us some healthy problems. But, people don't mind about these things that they are harmful for their health. They say that it tastes nice so what harm it will give to us. Happy earnings and happy mylotting Regards Riaz
@aweins (4204)
hello my dear friend, i too love french fries a lot and i know its craving. i never gave any order where i have not ordered fries with it. fries are not at all good for our health. knowing the fact i eat them and cant resist. they are tasty but doctor's have longed warned against consuming them too often because of their hefty doses of sodium and saturated fats. for dieters , french fries are forbidden. one should not ea too much of it.
@nujoomva (111)
ya.there is some problems.It will increase the colestrol in your body and also results in oily skin problems.eat french fries in small quantity is better for your health.so control your diet by reducing nonveg food items and increase eating vegitables.it will increase your health imunity to diseases.
I think that french fries are very fattening and they are probably not great to eat in high quantities. They will probably clog your arteries and make you chunk up a little bit. In moderation they are probably fine, just don't eat them every meal.