Time Change

@BarBaraPrz (20134)
St. Catharines, Ontario
Just a reminder that most places in North America will set their clocks back one hour tonight (Nov. 1). So for all of you who wish you had more time, you get an extra hour tonight. Enjoy it.
@patgalca (14486)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Yeah, I'm going to need that extra hour. Thanks for the reminder!
@BarBaraPrz (20134)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
How will you use it?
@patgalca (14486)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Sleep! I was up late last night as my daughter had two friends sleeping over (against my better judgement). She had to get up to go to a Taekwondo tournament this morning (in town thankfully) and she was supposed to wake me up to drive her there. I had to yell at the girls to go to sleep but I don't think they fell asleep until around 1:30am (I turned off their tv at 2am). Her alarm on her cell phone didn't go off and I woke up at 10:02 (she was supposed to be there at 9:45). Tomorrow there are soccer games and writing group so having an extra hour of sleep will help (though I won't make it to the girls' soccer games as they both take place during my writing group). I need sleep. My body hurts!
@BarBaraPrz (20134)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Sweet dreams!
@sunshine4 (8709)
Thank you for the reminder. I read about doing this in the middle of the week and it had slipped my mind until now. I can always use an extra hour in the morning:)
@BarBaraPrz (20134)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You're welcome.
@rachael5760 (2705)
• Israel
The time changed in Israel on October 5th right before Yom Kippur. Actually, I think that the time changes are a waste of time. What money does it actually save? If having daylight savings time really saves that much money, why not have it all year around and stop using Standard time anyway? Each time there is a change, students get confused, come to class late, they get mixed up which way to change the clocks. etc ya da ya da. Let's stop this colossal time waster all over the world.
@BarBaraPrz (20134)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Actually, I agree with you. And studies have shown that when it changes in the spring and we lose an hour, there are more accidents and heart attacks the following week.
@suruchi86 (1873)
Yes one would have one extra hour on that day. But it is the same 24 hours very next day.
@hiddenwing (3721)
I didn't know that. This is pretty interesting. I guess lots of people don't know it at all! Have a great day!