When A Song Just Cannot Be Found

@wolfie34 (26877)
United Kingdom
Have you got a favourite song, or a few tracks you need to fill your collection but you just cannot find them? For example when tape cassettes became defunct and cds took over, I am sure I am not the only one who wanted to replace all my tapes but that is not always possible! So what I have been doing over the years is downloading the tracks legally and making up the albums in my Itunes folder But there are a few songs that I just cannot find! They are 80s music because that is my favourite decade for music but I have tried Limewire and various other downloading sites, yesterday I even spent a whole day searching Google for different music downloading sites I have a Mac so unfortunately I cannot use Napster and a lot are US sites which asks you to subscribe first, but how do you know that the songs are available before you subscribe? So what do you do when you want a song or songs desperately and they just cannot be found no matter how hard you look? Three songs that I just cannot get Ian Drury - Profoundly in Love with Pandora Matchbox - Angels on Sundays The Mood - Don't Stop Any other suggestions would be gratefully received!
Hiya Wolfie! I was wondering if you had tried looking for a contact or support link on any of these "subscribe first" sites. You might be able to reach a real human that would tell you if they have the song(s) or not before spending. Good luck buddy :D
@wolfie34 (26877)
Long time no see my friend, how are you? Thanks that's a good idea, I was thinking why would I pay out $25 or $35 just to subscribe only to find out that the songs are not available!
I'm good, dear. How are you? I'm thinking that if they have any sense, they will want your money and get you the songs you want so you will subscribe...hopefully.
@wolfie34 (26877)
That is true, it's taking a big gamble, I wouldn't mind if I could buy the songs individually but a big subscription charge on the offchance. I am ok thank you my friend!
@balasri (26577)
You can always search in 'lime wire' and download them.Is it a problem over there?
Busted! Didn't read the whole thing didja? hahahaaaaa Wolfie says he's tried limewire already.
@wolfie34 (26877)
Punishment for Bal, what should we do to him eh? Lines, slipper or detention?
@balasri (26577)
God surrounded by Wolves.I got Profoundly in Love with Pandora from Lime wire.
@mssnow (9495)
Hi wolfie, darling. I even looked on you tube and they are not even there. There are ways to get music from you tube but if you cant find the music you need then it doesnt help. Good luck on find them my wolfie. Hugs xxxx
@wolfie34 (26877)
Unfortunately it is not Mac compatible my friend :0*(
@elemental69 (1562)
Hi wolfie.... I take it you havent tried youtube??? I found profoundly in love and angels on sundays if its any use to you there. let me know if you want them and I will send you the links ;-)
Sory wolfie, I should have read the other responses first. :-o
@wolfie34 (26877)
Thank you for your time and for trying for me, much appreciated!!
Hey wolfie, its bothered me so much that I couldnt stop until I found a way of downloading from youtube lol. I dont know if its compatible with mac though or not. I downloaded realplayer. Its free to download and downloads easily from youtube. Maybe you have already found a way to get all your songs. :-)
@Debs_place (10551)
My son told me about frostwire, http://www.frostwire.com/...you might want to give them a try...and I know what you mean, I have vinyl from the 60's that has never become digital..it really is not a good thing.. Ever look for Mike and the Mechanics...they are not available on iTunes and neither are the songs you want. Did you mean ian dury
@wolfie34 (26877)
Wow Mike and The Mechanics, Living Years? That was a great song, sad ballad too! I am sure I have that on Itunes. Great memories, thanks my friend I will try out Frostwire, I thought it was Drury, hey that will make a difference on Limewire, sometimes if you spell an artist or song name incorrectly it brings up other listings you wouldn't normally have found, I will give both a shot thanks my friend!
@Debs_place (10551)
The living years..not on itunes..I bought the CD to get it. I like electronic music..it is more green then the oil based products used in CDs
@wolfie34 (26877)
Thanks a million for your advice, I tried again last night and used Dury instead of Drury and guess what! I found that track, Profoundly in Love with Pandora so I owe you a big big thank you! Oh and a Wolfie hug too! One down, two to go now ;0)
@ersmommy1 (12605)
We have 2 stores here that I check first. One is called CD Reunion. The other is called Vintage Vinyl. I usually get lucky at these stores. Maybe they have something like that in your area. You might find some of your lost music here: http://radioxnetwork.com/ They specialize in 80s.
@wolfie34 (26877)
Thank you I will give that a go, appreciated!
@Humbug25 (12552)
Hey there wolfie34 I found that 'Profoundly in love with Pandora' is on the Reason's to be cheerful album which you can get for a reasonable price at play.com!! I too have been trying to do the same thing but there is a way that you can download your cassettes onto your pc then burn them onto discs. I usually have a look around in ebay and see what I can find in there too. Good luck
@wolfie34 (26877)
I managed to get Profoundly in Love with Pandora on Limewire! Do you remember Adrian Mole? When they televised it, Julie Walters was the mother! Fantastic, loved it. I didn't want the expense of buying the whole album, cheapskate I know! Limewire is brilliant and I have got most of the 80s from there, only a few that I just can't get for love nor money!
@Humbug25 (12552)
Oh did Ian Dury actually sing that then? I did recall the series when you mentioned the song you were looking for. Anyway you should check out those websites I PM'd to you as I am sure that even if you downloaded the whole album you would be able to delete what you didn't want! Cheers
@eaforeman6 (8983)
You may want to try blubster.com, because I have found quite a few there. Best wishes and great luck to you!
Hi Wolfie, Have you tried http://www.tropicalglen.com/ ? There's an 80's collection there.
@wolfie34 (26877)
Thank you my friend, I will try that, appreciated!
When a song just cannot be found, I would ask my ever dearest best friend to find it for me. She's always the one who know the ins and outs of the world wide web so I always rely on her on these kind of stuff. On where she downloads the songs I've asked her to, I would not know and would not care. Lol. For as long as she got it for me, it's fine. Nothing else matters.
Oh yea. I have come across some people who are so unbelievable - they seem to know all the songs in the world (though that obviously is not quite possible ).
Actually I tried to find the songs that you are looking for, but I failed it. Sometimes I experience the same like you. I can't find the songs I want anyway. Finally I find a karaoke version which is sung by a normal person like me:) I love China
@hiddenwing (3721)
Oh, it never happens to me! Whenever I want some songs, I can listen to them form "Kuwo songs box", which is a music software!
@manunulat (605)
If you have the original tape, you might wanna write the recording label for a catalogue or you might want to buy the rights of the song? I'm sure they will send you a copy. When CD's are new and we painstakingly needed a track that has no copy of such in the market anymore, We went to a radio station (recording studio) who bought some rights to it and obtained a re-mastered copy. It's good if you have a friend who works at the radio station or any broadcast station, they might give you vital information on where to get original copies or re-mastered copies of some tracks. You might want to check some official websites of the artists themselves, usually they have some special releases of tracks that were not included in original albums or official fan sites of such artists are valuable networks to gather information on tracks that you are looking for. Lastly, there are selling sites who sell old albums such as amazon...