House Guest From HELL Good RIddance!!

@tessah (6638)
lawds.. i just managed to make it through the last week barely able to control the impulse to commit homocide. some of you were aware that i was expecting a houseguest.. that i was actually looking forward to a week of spending some actual time with this person.. gotta tell ya.. i will not be inviting this person back, EVER! everything started out pretty well.. but after about a day and a half.. everything went downhill rather quickly, and i found myself counting the days.. then the hours.. and finally the minutes when shed finally vacate my home and leave my presence. whenever she has visited before.. its been for a weekend only. arrive saturday morning.. leave sunday afternoon. apparently, i can play hostess to her expectations for that length of time. but an entire week.. there are things that need doing. dishes must be washed, laundry must be done, and other various mundane activities that cant be left neglected for a weeks time.. and this woman, expected me to be ON at all times, and whined alot over the fact i wasnt being entertaining enough to her liking. the words "im bored" were uttered so many times i was nearly inspired to stitch it into a pillow and beat her senseless with it! my suggstion while i was doing the random housewiferies was that she was n vacation.. take the opportunity to relax. read a book, take a nap.. just breath. the response? and i quote ;heavy sigh; "i can do THAT at HOME!" with such a snotass attitude, i had to bite my tongue till it bled to not spit out "then go there!!" coupled with the downright rudeness and illmanners.. there was the rampant constant criticisms of how i tend my animals.. how i tend my kids.. etc. and then she got an itch in her britches for my boyfriend, and actually had the audacity to take me aside and say, again i quote "i really like him.. and im jealous, he only has eyes for you" in such a way as if to say "if youre my friend, youll let me have him" even my 8 year old breathed a sigh of releif when she left.. and she doesnt get annoyed by anyone other than her older sister! id like to make a point of mentioning this woman turned 39 years old a week ago this past saturday.. and i even baked her a cake when she arrived. sooo very glad this past week is over!! whats yer worse experience with a houseguest that has disrespected your home, your family, and YOU and seemed to lack all manner of basic social skills and decent behavior?
@CanadaGal (4307)
I'm so sorry to hear you had such an awful experience. :( I don't recall going through anything of the sort myself, but if I have, I've obviously blocked it from my memory. I had houseguests staying with me all last week as well. They arrive Sunday morning, and left on Friday afternoon. My friend is 36, and she brought her 3yr old twin sons with her. It was a busy week, to say the least. And all I got from it is relief that my twins and other boy are well beyond the age of 3. So your guest's birthday was a week ago Saturday? October 25th was it? If so.. I sure hope the cake was chocolate ( www.chocolatecakeday.ca ).
@tessah (6638)
heh it was a yellow cake, but it had chocolate frosting. that count? LOL
@CanadaGal (4307)
Sure... we'll make it count. That way you can tell yourself the cake had other meanings too. ;)
@hildas (3031)
Good riddance. O my. Why did you let her stay with you. Is she family. I think I would of thrown her out after one day. How rude and insulting of her. She has no manners either to treat you and your home like this. She had an eye for your boyfriend. She should not of said that. If she had sid that 'he only had eyes for me too', you know she was after him. Goodness, why is this person your friend. She must be related as you have to put up with her. Thank goodness I do not really know someone like this. I have a relative just, that stays and goes on and on and on about having no money. He is so depressing and I cringe when he comes up my path. Sorry do not put up with it agin. You are kind enough to let het stay for a week. Put her off the next time. Tell her you have shingles or something.
@tessah (6638)
no.. she isnt related to me at all.. or to anyone who lives here. was just a friend. emphasis on WAS, past tense.
@hildas (3031)
good
@mssnow (9495)
Yeah it happens. You just really didnt realize that her idea of fun was different from yours. Sounds like to opposites trying to find something. lol. At least now you know so you dont have to invite for a week again or ever if thats really what you want. Your expecations for her were different from what she expected. It happnes thats why I dont go to someones house for more than a weekend. I dont want to leave a bad impression. Good luck and hopefully you two can mend whatever happend and move on.
@tessah (6638)
her behavior has shown me that she isnt the type of person i want as a friend.. whether she wishes to mend anything or not.. i dont. cest la vie
@littleone3 (2065)
I have to say i know exactly how you feel i recently had my partner's sister and her son to stay. I was never so glad to say goodbye to someone at the airport. She was a nightmare we gave up our bed for them and she repaid us by covering our pillows in chocolate. She also split her dinner all over the floor and didn't clear it up so i made a big deal of getting the hoover out. Then she gave my 2 year old a fizzy drink in his cup without asking i do not allow him to have it. My daughter also had to stop her giving chewing gum to my son as well. Thank goodness she was there i dread to think what would have happen if he had taken it. She was feeding him chocolates for breakfast i am trying to limit it the amount of sweets he has. She ate us out of house and home whatever we gave her she always had to have more to eat in the end we made her pay for her own food. She also took over the remote controls and turned the telly over when i was in the middle of watching something. Then on the Sunday she absolutely refused to leave the house so we missed out on going to see my daughter's judo fight which she won gold in and the younger children missed out on a Halloween party. We felt it was rude to leave her on her own here. And to top it all off my dad came up to meet her for the first time and she hardly spoke to him and didn't even bother to get dressed. Even i would not stay in my pj's when i have my dad round. She also told my 2 year old that my cats were bad just because she is afraid of cats. I did actually pull her up on that as i do not want my 2 year old thinking that of all cats. I wasn't allowed to let my cats in because of her fear my cats were not too happy. All i can say is thank goodness its over. Never again.
@tessah (6638)
sounds pretty much familiar. she actually stuck gum onmy cutting board i the kitchen.. but i didnt clean it up. i hollared at her to come take care of it and made a point of telling her how disgusting it was. i requested she pay for half the groceries i bought during the week.. which i thought was only far since she requested certain things i really cant afford right now. she spent a bit of time bad mouthing my "neglect" of my animals to my daughter.. amongst other things. like you... never again
@Shellyann36 (8558)
OH NO! I think I would have told her to pack her bag and don't let the door knob hit her where the good Lord split her! When she said she was bored and you said read a book, take a nape, and she come back well I can do that at home.... out the door she would have went. The boyfriend comment would have really sent me over the edge, can you say SMAKDOWN? No one comes in and disrespects me many times before I lose my top. Sorry that it happened and I would never invite her back again. Houseguest's are like fish, they both start smelling after 3 days!
@tessah (6638)
lol ive had other people come for a week long stint.. and never had this problem. they just go about their merry while i do the things that need tending to.. just content in being here and not expecting i juggle kittens to amuse them 24/7. there was more that went on.. i only wrote about the highlights. it was like having another child in the house. never again!!
OH {{Tessah}}, I am sorry for what you have gone through here, but I did have to laugh while reading it , Did you have some of my family there as house guests?? I would swear you had to be talking about some of my so called family and even yes Friends; Don't you hate it well I know you do I just HATE IT when someone like that comes into my home and expect me to ENTERTAIN THEM, wait on them hand and foot OMG!!! But seriously I don't blame you one bit for being upset and your poor kids even had to endure that huh?? You know what they say, Your Friends and Family are like Fish, they tend to "STINK" after three days...ROTFL! AND THAT IS SOOOO TRUE!! Now you and your family need a VACATION from what you just experienced... sounds like a nut job to me, and then had "eyes" for your boyfriend, you should've dropkicked her old butt out the door the second day...LOL good luck!! I feel for ya, been there and DONE THAT!
@lingli_78 (12852)
OMG!!! that guest of yours is really horrible... i don't blame you if you don't want her to stay ever again in your house... she is so ungrateful, lack of manners and actually have the audacity of liking your boyfriend... i would have thrown her out from my house sooner if i were in your position... i just can't stand people like that... take care and have a nice day...
I have avoided this situation for the most part. I open my home to a very select few. The worst house guest I have ever had, was my own mother. OMG...she was totally disrespectful to myself and my home. So much so that I actually ended up coming home from work one night and just losing it. The next day, I packed her things and sent her away...I can't deal with someone that drinks/smokes in my home, let alone brings in a box of oysters and sets them on my hardwood floor....hello, that stuff leaks. You know what they say, after 3 days fish and house guests both stink...
@mariposaman (2968)
This should have been a three day visit maximum until you find out how you mesh in close proximity. Going out with someone is different that living in with someone. You could have done something together for a couple of days, but a week required household chores to be done, sounds like she was expecting a holiday. Next time (if there is a next time) make it an afternoon outing. My family are immigrants so periodically, when I was younger, some family from the "old country" came to stay with us for a while until they became established. It always came to the point where we were glad to see them go.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey tess! I can't believe that YOU actually put up with shite for a whole week? Why? This goes beyond kindness! This woman is beyond the "guest from hell"! And you say this was a "friend" of yours? And she never behaved like this in all the time that you've know her? It is true that having someone spend a weekend and then having them spend a whole week is quite a different thing. A week can be a hellofa long time for anyone to impose their presence upon one's family and self! You don't really get to "see" someones "true self" in a weekend visit! I guess you unfortunately found that out! That can really kill a friendship! It was all bad to begin with but the kicker would have been when she crossed the line forever by daring to "look" at YOUR MAN! That is when your foot should have been up her azz for sure! I give you all the kudos in the world for not killing the beotch right then and there! Honestly, I don't know how or why you didn't show her the door after she should the initial boardum and made the "rather be at home comment"! That would have done it for me! Don't think I could have held my tongue! You really must have had the patience of a ? Don't know why you didn't kick her out, but apparently you must have had a good reason. Hope you recover from the ordeal soon!
@gemini_rose (16194)
Oh boy that sounds like a lot of fun! What a shame it turned out so bad for you all. I have never really had anyone staying over to be honest with you, I am not really into all that entertaining stuff and with having four kids in the house there is not really the room, the time nor the inclination to want to entertain so I guess after reading your story I could say that I am pretty lucky!