Another weird thing they ask on surveys..

why is it that when they ask if you have ever heard of a list of brands they include "store brand/private label?" i would think that would be a DUH since almost every store has a store brand!! ugh.. not like they even want to know about it if you check it either!! stupid people!!
@ahgong (10066)
I am sure the survey is commissioned by someone to study the brand preference. And this could possibly include store brands products. When doing a survey, I am not surprised at all. Otherwise, why would they want to do a survey for in the first place. The purpose is to understand and study the preferences for products. And this could well include store brand products.
a lot of them want to know if you use a certain brand so they can ask you only about that brand so having generic as a choice doesnt matter in the actual thing though
@ahgong (10066)
Well, like I said, house brands are still brands. For all you know, the survey is commisioned by the company who host the house brand. Just go along with it. What does it matter or not if the brand happens to be house brands? What matters most is that you answer the survey. And you get the reward at the end of it.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Maybe they just feel the need to include it since some people don't' pay any attention to major labels?
i guess.. seems stupid though.. but then again a lot of things about surveys do!
@mentalward (14695)
Well, it IS a brand so I suppose they feel it should be included. I think the poor little nameless brands have a bad enough inferiority complex without being left out of the surveys! Maybe they protested? Who knows? Maybe there are a few people out there who head straight for the store brands because they cost less and don't even know about the name brands. Not many, I'm sure, but there just may be one or two people out there like that, although I doubt they'd be intelligent enough to do surveys!
some places i go i dont know if its a store brand or just a little known brand lol.. i like aldis generics (if thats what they are).. i wont touch any other stores blah!!