Morals and values

How do you teach Your children to be better people. What morals and values are you trying to instill in them? How do you help them be healthy balanced people?
@glords (2615)
I try to teach by example. I speak kindly of my fellow man, and try to appreciate them for their strengths instead of judge them for their weaknesses. I watch that I am honest in all of my dealings. If I am given too much change at the grocery store I return the money. I try to live my life as if my sons happiness and salvation depended on it, because I believe it does.
@Arkie69 (2156)
You bet. That could easily mean the difference in your sons having a good relationship with God or not. The Holy Ghost can keep a lot better eye on our kids than we can. When our kids go to school of out like that they need the Holy Ghost to protect them from this world and show them the truth about what they are seeing. I take my hat off to you for considering your sons that way. A lot of kids now days just don't have parent like you. You just keep up the good work and thank God for giving you the good sense to do it.
@glords (2615)
Thank you for your words. I agree my son would be lost without the Holy Ghost and are Savior Jesus Christ. I didn't mean in anyway to imply that I did not need the aid of the Holy Ghost and our Lord and Savior.
@Arkie69 (2156)
The only way to teach anything along these lines is to teach by example. We live in a monkey see monkey do world. If you want you children to have good values then live your life before then that way. One of our big problems is the fact we do a lot of talking when we should be doing a lot of showing. With the pressures on the kids outside our homes this can be very hard with some kids. Most kids will pay a lot more attention to what a kid their age does and says than they will you. We are supposed to be raising our kids with God's help but we're not.
This is so true. Thank you so much! + and BR for you!!!
The very best way to teach your children morals and values is to live a moral life according to your values yourself. The most important values I've tried to instill in my children are compassion for others, and the importance of standing up for your beliefs.
@mjmlagat (3171)
The best thing on how to teach them iks to be their example in being and doing good in life. But just in case you are the imperfect (most of us are), just do your best to teach them the lessons you learned specially after conquering difficult situations.