Is Buying Christmas Presents Really Worth It? What about the Reason 4 The Season

Answer me this! Is it really worth gainning more debt for buying children or your whole family Christmas Presents? For me I think it's completely not worth it. If you desided to buy a bunch of different items for Christmas and spend a huge amount of money what is it really all for? To See Smiles on your Children's faces? Why can't Christmas be more about the reason for the season rather than buying Presents? I feel that as individuals why not give each person one present and than just enjoy each other like a family should. Please Tell me About Your Feelings?
@bowtieguy (5927)
I think that presents invoke the spirit of giving which is what this holiday is all about. For me I see the giving of gifts sybolic to jesus sacraficing himself for our sins. Now I know presnts will never compare to something like that but still it is giving. Doing something out of the goodness of our hearts to those we know and love and sometimes for other we don't even know, that is the true meaning of the holiday.
I can see where you can see gifts are sybolic to Jesus. But I must also say that just to give gifts like actually things isn't the whole reason. Honestly if we give gifts which gifts could be in all different kinds of forms. But why not give them all year round. LIke helping someone with groceries. Or shoveling an older couples driveway out. These types of Helping/gifting could help in more ways than a actual in hand gift.
@Jezebella (1446)
I spend more time thinking about the meaning for the holiday instead of buying gifts. I do however buy gifts throughout the year. I bought my brother's gift a few weeks ago, and my boyfriend's gift I got for him way back in August. I have been resisting the urge to give to him early.
I understand usually I give my presents early when I buy them early. It's hard and a teaser to see there reaction. But that's great that you think about the true meaning of the holiday rather than the buying of the gifts. Or thinking about what's really gonna go on Sale on Black Friday.