I'm a Conservative Republican for Obama!

I truly am. Now, I didn't vote for the guy and I believe he was the worst choice of all the candidates of BOTH primaries, but now I FULLY support him. Let me tell you why. He is the president of my country. that is how our system works. I don't support him, I didn't vote for him and I am disappointed he won. But now that the system has worked and he was chosen, he has my full support. His policies probably won't get my support. A lot of his initiatives won't get my support but he will. The biggest problem that President Bush faced, and I believe one of the main contributing factors of our current struggles, is the lack of support from the Democrats and others on the left. They fought him tooth and nail every step of the last 8 years. They did not support him as our leader. They attacked him personally rather than fight against his policies. they WANTED him to fail to justify their position. They did not accept the election and undermined the very electoral system that makes our country great. They acted in a very "UN-American" way. The time for personal attacks is over. It is time to come together as a country and move ahead. The debate about people is over. The debate about direction and policies now begins. Unless Republicans want to become whining, critical complainers like many of the left had been during the last 8 years, it's time to grow up, embrace the system and what it resulted in, and get moving for the good of the country.
Thank you. It's nice to hear something that isn't attacking either conservative or liberals. I think it's great that we all have a passionate interest in what happens in our nation. I think we often call each other un-american although we are all very much interested in the direction of America. After all, America is what we the people define it to be. I have to admit that this has been the first time I have been excited about an election, felt faith in our system -- and actually began to believe that our country is great.
Thank you for your kind words. And after that, I'm going to disagree with you on one point, (sorry). American isn't what we the people define it to be. It is what the Constitution defines it to be. Our country can not swing in the winds of current popular sentiment. It can in as much as we decide who our elected leaders will be, but everything has to be done within the framework of our Constitution. That's what prevents us from being manipulated by a person or group that would be in violation of our laws. That's what prevents us from being shut out of the system. That's what guides us in uncertain times. So I guess I agree with you as long as we stay within the confines of the Constitution.
Well, I obviously don't disagree with that. I like the constitution. It protects me as much as the next person. However, there still is a lot that we shape.
So true. I apologize if I misunderstood your post. There are many who would disregard or even undermine the Constitution. You are clearly not one of those. I am sometimes too quick to defend it. Thanks for the post.
@donna22 (1120)
Good for you. I think what you are saying is very grown up and respectable. His policies will probbaly not get the support of all Democrats but that is politics I guess.
Thanks for the quick reply. Politics is politics. The competition is over. Time to start thinking about the good of the country.
@glords (2614)
Yes good for you! I know how hard it is to be supportive when you don't feel like the person is right for the job, but you are absolutely right. Now is the time for Americans to come together.