The Backwards Robe

@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I was responding to a discussion a few minutes ago that reminded me of something that I have seen recently. Has anyone seen what I call the backwards robe? It is a blanket with arms and is said to be very cozy and a very warm protector while reading, knitting, sewing, any project that you must hold. You can use the phone, no tugging for arms because of tight sleeves.. I think it's a very nice idea, and when I learn enough on crocheting I would love to make one for my fiance as he gets colder then I do, and I think he would like it very much. So has anyone else seen this?
@hellcowboy (7383)
This is a really good discussion baby and I am sure that a lot of people have different opinions when it comes to the backwards robe,I am sure that some people think it is a good idea and well worth the money because it looks like it would keep them warm,and them I am sure there are some people who thinks it is not worth it or they would rather try to find it somewhere cheaper or even make one themselves especially since no one has money right now due to the economy,and I know we have seen the commercials for those things at least a dozen times,and I think it was called a Snuggie or something like that,and it looks like it would be very warm and useful with any projects that you have to hold since it is basically just a blanket with sleeves,and I think it would be very cool if when you learn more about crocheting you could try and make one for me,because I do get colder than you do,and I would love it,especially since I would know you made it for me,which I think is better than anything you can buy on television,I love you with all my heart and soul ,have a great day,good luck with all your mylotting goals,and Happy Posting.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Yes I think that the name of it was the snuggie. I know we've seen the commercial for it after I made this discussion but it slowly stopped showing the commercial on t.v., or we stopped watching the t.v. at the time it shows the commercial. In any case, I think that a lot of people probably did buy it up or the more creative made one themselves or customized their robe to be a "snuggie". The cool thing about things on the market, sometimes you can make it yourself with just scraps or other things lying around the house, or that you know how to obtain, whether that be easily or a bit more difficult. Then again saving up to buy something works just the same, which I think in the case of the snuggie it's probably better to either wait and see if they lower the price, if something else comes out a little cheaper to compete with the snuggie, or to just make installment payments / just save up which is better since it won't go on your credit to save, and then buy, lol! I appreciate your response to me baby and I love you with all of my heart and soul!
@vicki2876 (5640)
Bahahaha, I saw this informerical thing and thought it was super silly. It is a backwards robe all right. I heard with shipping this could cost as much as $60.00. My son said he wanted one, so I went to the clothing depot, bought the biggest house coat I saw there for $2.00 and got him a Snuggie. He thinks it is so cool and he wears it like the Snuggie (backwards) when we lay down and watch a movie. My opinion is that it is not worth the price for something that is not really needed. It blows my mind that people can cry "economy" one minute then buy silly stuff like this the next. LOL I thinking making one is the best idea if you are really wanting something like this, but I would stay away from the Snuggie.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I think that it can be made, to be honest, and yes I think it'd be more cost efficient and more personalized either way. I appreciate the response.
@sudalunts (5527)
I remember years ago an item similiar to what you are referring to. I am not sure if it was backwards though. I know it was sort of a blanket thing that, I believe had a button that would keep you warm. I do not know what happened to mine, I would surely like to have it now, because like then I am always cold in the house. thanks for the reminder of this garment.
@bowtieguy (5931)
I have seen a comercial for those, it is like a trow blanket but you wear it on the front side. I actually was able to find a similar product at wal-mart which I got for my moher since she is always complaining of being too cold. I am interested to try one but I usualy keep pretty warm so i would not need one.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
oh that's good you could find one similar, I know that they always seem to have similar ones, and yet there's so many different brands. In any case, They do look very cozy, and yes they are like a throw.
@cream97 (29175)
Hi. SomeCowgirl. I have a Snuggie blanket/robe. It works really well for me too. It is very cozy and it is true that you can still carry on your normal everyday activities like you usually do too. I love having a snuggie blanket, it really keeps my body very warm, when I am covered up all of the way though. I think that would be a great idea to get your finance a snuggie blanket, I am sure that he will love receiving something that will keep him very warm.
@cream97 (29175)
I am sorry that I have misspelled, fiance...