What All Steps Have You Taken To Help the Environment?

@elmiko (6640)
I turn off the lights more often,try to use less water,unplug things more, and use energy effiecient light bulbs. Do you do anything?
@CanadaGal (4304)
I know I could do more to conserve energy around my home, but I have taken some good steps. I recycle most of my paper, have changed most of my light bulbs to the swirly energy efficient ones, keep lights off in rooms when I leave them, use full laundry loads, and use various reusable containers for my sons' lunches at school as well as for leftovers and storage in my fridge.
@elmiko (6640)
Theres only so much people can expect to do these days because peoples very busy lifes. I don't let protecting the environment get in the way too much but at least I do things to help.
In Davao City (Mindanao, Philippines), the organic producers and processors are now trying to link with the consumers so that the consumers themselves will demand and buy products from chemical-free and pesticide-free environment friendly food production and processing systems. I try to help promote the organic movement with a column in a local paper titled "Organic Corner". The articles are in Visaya, the local language. The Davao City organic movement also has links with the national environmental movement whose slogan is Reduce, Re-use, Recycle. I happen to think that "Replace" should also be included and emphasized. Anyway, you can't win them all. The 3Rs are formidable enough and can be major achievements too.
@Lakota12 (42684)
recycle what I can and use those energy saving lights
@elmiko (6640)
Thanks for responding.
@Lakota12 (42684)
your welcome!
@cheongyc (5075)
The global warming is getting more and more serious. But I am curious about the awareness of local authorities and folks are still very low. Many things can be done to reduce the pollution. I reuse things if possible, and think twice before I throw it away. I spend wisely, and try my best to buy only things I need, so the waste is minimum. More products consumed, equivalent to more carbon dioxide released to the atmosphere during its manufacturing process. Besides, I segregate my garbage so that papers, aluminium cans, glass botol can be recycled. I will walk or cycle instead using fuel vehicles if condition allows. Even if I drive, I plan my trip wise to travel the shortest distance possible.
@elmiko (6640)
You do alot things to help the environment. Alot More work needs to be done from leaders and lawmakers on how to really help the enviroment and not just consumers. I think leaders need to listen to researchers and scientists more.
@cheongyc (5075)
That's right. The warming from scientists and researches have been ignored all this while, even with tons of proof that our environment condition is deteriorating scarily. It's all related to profit and that's why the oil consumption continues. I have read a lot of conspiracy theories about how the rich oil company bribe the government so that they could secure their business, even if it's major polluters in the world.
i keep as many lights off as possible.. the ones i do use a lot i got those new bulbs for.. i try to conserve water by lowering the flow of water while washing dishes.. unplug things.. i only try to do laundry with full loads.. i use the microwave.. i recycle cans, soda cans, paper, plastic, boxes etc.. there is more i just cant think of any thing else.. i would turn my ac up to where its not as cold in my house but i have asthma so i have to keep it cold to breathe well
@elmiko (6640)
Its better around my area now because alot more people recycle than they use to. The other recycling area they had years back they shut down because I figure nobody was useing it enough. They opened another one about a year ago and I always see someone there when I drive by. Thanks for the response.