when a 2 year old is silent.

@cynthiann (18619)
Jamaica
I had full care of my grandtwins last night as their babysittr is ill. My son reminded me that if the twins are silent then they are up to something. so, I took out some tinned spahettin and meatballs for something quick to give them to eat and while I was heating this meal there was SILENCE! I ran into their bedroom to find that they are taken a whole bottle og moisturising lotion and had smeared it alove themselves. Clothes and all. I turned off the stove, bathes and changed then and told them it was a naughty thing to do and pout the loisturiser back on th bathroom shelf. I run out to the kitchen and warmed up their foof and set the table for them to eat. Then - I beacme aweare of the dreaded word - SILENCE. Rushed back into the bedroom and there wa my grnddaughter smeared again with the lotion. She had used her baby chair to climb up and reach the lotion. My grandson said ' not me naughty Cynthie" becuase he hadn't started yet and my grnaddaughter was looking very guilty as she knew that she had done something wrong. so she burst out singing "Yes Jeus loves, Yes, Jesus loves me' in aneffort to divert me - I have to sy that she almost succeeded. I told he rthat Jesus would not want her to be a naughty girl and she was so I pout her in the naughty corner for 2 minutes. Afte this, I re assured her that Jesus will always love her and so will I.
@jonesy123 (3950)
Lol, my little one is the same. My oldest girl was always giggling. They can be a handful, can't they? And they sure know what to do to get out of getting punished. It's hard to resist them. When you they are older you'll have fun telling that story about them;)
@rocketj1 (6960)
Very cute story! You sound like your hands are full, my friend! But what a blessing they must be!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
A great blessing rocket. They have their Daddy but I am also trying to be a stabilising force ion their lives why their mother is away. Their mother is making a huge sacrifice for her family as she is teaching the other side of the world. It is in an Arab country and the pay is fantastic and they need to buy a house. They were in the U.K. but are now living with me. she will be home for a month early in 'December and she does talk to them daily, but it is not the ssame as having their mummy with them. I'm only trying mny best to fill in and give them lots of love.
@rocketj1 (6960)
I'm glad that your daughter in law will apparently be home for Christmas. How difficult it must be for her! I can't even imagine it.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Thank you for your response Rocket. It is hard for my d-in law but she calls them every day.I give thanks that they have their Daddy who is with them every morning before he goes to work. So they are emotionally stable. I keep talking to them that their Mommy misses then and wil soon be home for Christmas. In these hard times, I do appreciate the sacrifice that she is making for her family but I could not have done it. Apart from a mega salary everything is paid for = her partment and utiltiy bills etc the only thing she buys is food. The wealth of these Arab nations is unbelievable. After Christmas she will have three months in the summer with them. I am just so happy that she chose to leave the twins at my house.
@lilybug (21148)
My daughter is almost 2 years old. I cannot leave her alone in a room for more than 30 seconds. She is always getting into everything. I keep all the doors shut to bedrooms and bathrooms to slow her down, but she has figured out how to get them open. She recently learned how the locks on doors work too. If she is quite she is into something.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Lilybug, I know what you are going through - it is just that I had forgotten. And this was a Mom who had three boys in 3 years and then went for seven years before we had a girl. My son calls them 'terrorists'. They are just so busy and they are climbers too. It is so much hard work to watch them constantly. You are going to love this one - this morning my grandson came to me and asked me to read 'Mother Juice' (Mother Goose) Thank you for your response and have a great day
@katrhina23 (1282)
Oh that was just so cute. I could imagine their eyes being guilty on what they did and then afterwards singing Jesus Loves Me. Kids have their own way of showing grown ups not to scold them or not to get mad at them. If a child will do that, it will soften my heart and wouldnt scold at them anymore. I might give them a big hug and tell them I love you too.. Nice sharing thanks a lot.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
With twins you have to be scrupulously fair. The grandson was a good boy - as he kept telling me - and so I had to put her in the naughty corner for 2 mins.The thing is - he went and stayed with her to share the punishment. But yes, I did tell her that Jesus and I love her for always.Thank you for your response!