Do you make head or tails of every discussion here?

@ronaldinu (12445)
Malta
I have been reading the same post for over and over trying to make head or tails what his the meaning behind a discussion that one of my friends have posted. Either my English language standard is below than that of my friends. otherwise it seems that some people might find it difficult to express themselves clearly despite writing very long posts. Anyway I am re reading the posts and tyring to reply in a generic way. © ronaldinu 2008
@p1kef1sh (45642)
Unless it is from a friend I don't try to understand it and move on. A friend however would get a "Huh?"
@catdla1 (6005)
I have seen some posts, where I am unclear as to the meaning or intent. If I feel inclined to reply, I do the best I can. English is not an easy language, and I applaud those who work so hard to use it, even if they are still learning. Practice makes perfect, and I'd rather see a poorly worded message from some one stuggling to learn, that have them not try.
@mtdewgurl74 (18120)
I have had a few of those post as well and I would just go in(since most came to my Inbox)and see how others responded and get a few ideas as to what some of the meanings of the discussion meant. Good luck in deciphering those discussions.
• Marion, Kansas
This seems to be the best solution if you are having problems with someone else's use of the English language. On the other hand, sometimes even people who are native English speakers are hard for everyone to understand. That is when they end up with discussions with no responses.
@mtdewgurl74 (18120)
I figured this was the best way atleast for me it is.
@mojcica (1512)
• Slovenia
Some discussions you can not answerd no matter how much you try. I also thought it was bad english at first, but when reading some other things they publish i started to doubt it was really it. Sometimes its just written in a way you can not figure it out what are they talking about. Maybe as you said its true they can not express them or maybe dont even know what they are talking about and they just post for the numbers of posts, which is more likely if you ask me.
@EAStanley (2689)
I agree with this. It is not always bad English. Sometimes it is just written in a way that you cannot understand for sure what it is that they are trying to say. This is true. :)
@savypat (20247)
I have to agree with you but i don't even try more than once. If I can't get then I delete. I have to many to answer that I can understand
@Chevee (5915)
If it its one of mines, I hope I am not confusing you. My typing isn't perfect. If need be I will translate for you. Hugs(((()))))
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
well good luck. i think u do fine with your engish language. when i get them like that i just delete them from my e-mail.
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
some times I really do not understand anything of a post. but then I just move on.
Hi ronaldinu, I totally agree with you, but I always try to ubderstand what is it that they are saying. Tamara
@littleowl (7157)
some discussions I find are a bit long-winded and hard to get the gist of unless it is a subject I know about, but politics and religion I stay away from as I know not a lot about politics and religion is just another case!!..littleowl
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
if i dont understand something, its a good idea to ask for explanation or at least clarification of what is meant. I honestly think it helps blessed be
@kellyjeanne (1576)
Not usually, but, when people post discussions with too many typos or grammatical errors it makes it very hard for me to read. I wish more people would check their spelling and grammar before sending the post on. It would make reading them for me so much easier. Purrs, Catwoman=^..^= & Mija
@kun2349 (23475)
ONe thing we have to understand is that, not everybody in mylot is equally educated.. Everybody's standard is different, and the things learnt are different too.. SO we cant expect all of them to be the same ^_^ So if u dun understand the topic, then just skip them, nobody is forcing u to respond to them ^_^ BUt if u wanna help them, u can respoond to it, and tell them that's roughly the idea u are getting from their post, and if u are wrong, they will be more glad to admit and correct their own discussions too ^_^
@subha12 (18453)
it is not possible to read all the discussions here. but when i respond some, i read it. there are some which i start and then can't understand head and tell of then. i leave to respond those
@salonga (27994)
I think we really have to be patient and understanding here. I also do find some problem in understanding some posts. This is unavoidable because not all users use English as first language.
@winterose (39922)
some people do have a hard time expressing themselves and even I find it difficult to understand a post at time and english is my native language and I am a writer.
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
No, I do not understand every discussio my friends online make. If I have ha;f an idea of what they mean I will ask them a question to explain or that I am confused. But if I haven't the foggiest idea after reading several times I skip over the discussion completely. I may come later after others have posted to see what the comments are and see if I understand from there.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya ronaldinu I do hope it is not one of mine you are having trouble deciphering!! LOL . I too have problems from time to time and then choose not to respond for fear that I might get the wrong end of the stick!!
@sharra1 (6344)
No I do not. There are some discussions here that I find too hard to make sense of and I believe it could be that the person's English is not good enough to make sense. I could be wrong. It is also possible that they think they have typed words that they have not typed. I know this sounds odd but I sometimes find mistakes in my posts that I do not see until after I have posted. This happens when you do not check your typing carefully before posting. I only post to discussions that make sense and which I feel I can contribute to.
i have a hard time understanding some of them too