GOOD for the ACLU !

Yes, it is true. The ACLU is doing good work. They are opposing by legal means one of the most vile police tactics. One of the most disgusting things in police work is the utilization of agent provocateurs. These are people, often the police themselves, who infiltrate a group and then advocate the group commit acts of violence or other illegal activities. This is to set the group up for arrest. The problem with this is agent provocateurs sometimes cause crimes to be committed that otherwise never would have occurred. Even worse, agent provocateurs sometimes sieze control of otherwise stupid people and get them to talk about some fantasy crime then have them arrested for conspiracy! The ACLU is taking the Denver Police Department to task for alledgely engaging in this very reprehensible tactic. http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10920817?source=email I say this is an instance where I agree with the ACLU. What do you say?
@myklj999 (19778)
I don't think it's right for the police to do something like this; but then again, entrapment is a way of life. In the mid-80's I had someone approach me about getting him some weed. I told him sure, took his money, went and got it, and was then arrested for delivery of cannabis. I wasn't a dealer; I just knew who was. I wasn't out trying to sell anything. But somehow I was guilty, even though the only reason I did it was because the undercover agent asked me to. I got 3 years for it. Now, I don't expect sympathy or anything, because what I did was illegal; but still...
I'm completely on your side on this. Enticing people to break the law is a morally bankrupt activity.
@clrumfelt (5428)
Isn't that the same as entrapment? These kinds of arrests shouldn't stand up in court and I'm glad the ACLU is taking this on.
Often times it is worse than entrapment as some free lance agent provocateurs commit conspiracy to commit various felonies but only record as evidence the incriminating conversations of the people unfortunate enough to have been hoodwinked by them.
@laglen (19782)
As a Colorado resident I have to say that I am deeply ashamed by a lot of the actions taken and views displayed. Being a traditionally conservative state, we have swung the other way. We are slowly losing rights and gaining government. You should see the case going to the State Supreme Court concerning property tax increases. I am thinking Wyoming looks better every day!
Having some distant family in Colorado, I'm aware of how liberal the state is becoming. I have family in Wyoming, too. It is much more conservative, so far!