It will be EXACTLY one month..begin the countdown!

@ersmommy1 (12600)
Today is November 10th. In exactly 1 month on DEC 10th I will have my c-section. My son will be here. I am a bit nervous. C-sections are surgery. And I have one before, but still. HAve you ever been nervous and excited at the same time for any reason?
@cher913 (25891)
yes definitely. i have had both our daughters by c section and while it is an exciting time, i am not a big fan of pain lol! it is a difficult operation and its not like you can take the time to relax and look after yourself either, but it is worth it. is this your first section?
@ersmommy1 (12600)
Nope it is my 2 c-section.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
The 10th was my step-fathers birthday and we celebrated with a cake and one of his favorite meals. My sister in law has had 3 C-sections and My husbands niece just had her C-section on November the 7th and now is the proud momma of two beautiful children. It is always scary no matter how many times you been through it because each time is different. Well, I wish you luck. An may everything go well.
@stephcjh (32328)
I hope everything goes well for you. I have never had a C-section before. I am sure you will do just fine. I was nervous about having a child but I was excited about it also.
@lilybug (21148)
YEA! Let the countdown begin! I was that way with both of my kids. Both of mine were over due and so I would be really excited thinking they would be here any time, but nervous because you never know what could go wrong.
Congratulations on your countdown. I think I can understand the confusion of excited and afraid in your circumstance. I would be, too.
@ShealM (388)
I've had two c-sections, both emergency ones. I found the second time around much easier to handle because I knew what to expect the second time around. If you are nervous you could always book some time with the surgeon and anesthesiologist to go over any concerns or issues you might have. Sometimes it helps to talk to the doctors performing the surgery for reassurance. Good luck and congratulations! Dec 10th is 2 days before my oldest son's birthday!
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Well of course... I think the birth of any child is the same.. nervous and excited at the same time. Even for a normal delivery you can still be nervous, especially the first time because you have no idea what to expect. But even for my 5th I was still nervous, and I think knowing what to expect made it that much worse, lol. I'm not sure if I'd like knowing exactly when my child was coming. I had my 4th induced, and at the time I was just greatful to have it over with, but afterwards I realized I absolutely hated inductions. So when my 5th came along I swore to high heaven I would not be induced under any circumstances (unless it was for the baby's survival). At 36 weeks the doctors were pushing me to set an induction date... I haven't the slightest idea why they were thinking about it so early, but it frustrated me. Every visit I told my docs I had no interest in being induced. My due date came and went, and I knew that on my very next appointment, I would not be able to put it off any longer. They would force me to set the date, because they would not allow me to go past 10 days overdue. I had honestly planned on just not going to the doctors anymore, and just showing up at the hospital when labor began, even if it was at 45 weeks. I really just wanted that excitement of knowing "this is it!". I really hadn't had that before. I didn't know it was time with my 1st, because I didn't know what to expect and everyong kept telling me it was false labor, so I didn't know until I ended up at the hospital because I couldn't take the pain anymore. Then with the twins I was already at an appointment when they said I was in labor. The 4th was induced... so I'd never had that excitement. I knew it would be my last chance, so I wanted it to happen on it's own, when it was time. I got lucky, and to be honest, that labor was the typical movie labor. The night before my last doctor's appointment I had one really big, strong contraction, nothing before that, it just hit me real quick. I knew immediatly it was time. My water even broke on it's own, which had never happened for any of the other kids. So I got to experience all the true joys of labor and child birth, and it only lasted 3 hours total.