John Denver - partly popular in my house

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
We've had the John Denver CD playing in the car for a couple of weeks now. Cary and Naomi like some of the songs, but Dearra isn't too excited about John Denver. "Take Me Home Country Roads" came on and when it was over, Naomi asked me to play it again. I told her I like it too, in fact it's one of the very first records I ever bought. Dearra says, "it must be really old then." After that we got in discussion about country music and Dearra allowed that she does like it sometimes but "with women singers who have good voices." Anybody else with me? Or are you with Dearra? Or no idea what I"m talking about? lol
@Erilyn (3020)
I actually really like that song as well! My daughter would keel over and die if she knew that her mom listened to it! She already thinks that I am not cool enough as it is lol.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Mine haven't totally figured out that I'm uncool yet...
@Erilyn (3020)
Mine is 15 she has known for years that I am not cool. She doesn't seem to care much unless her friends are around though for some reason.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
My oldest is 11, was a total daddy's girl but has recently figured out that mom has things to offer. The two little ones are 8 and the boy has suddenly discovered daddy. His twin sister kind of trolls for attention back and forth. None of them have reached the 'my parents are total idiots stage yet'...
John Denver's music is timeless. His songs touch your heart. His voice was smooth and carefree. When I hear a John Denver song it brings me great joy.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Me too. My older daughter doesn't like his voice though. Oh well...
@1grnthmb (2063)
I used to love John Denver. I think that was also one of the first albums I ever bought. And the "Take Me Home Country Roads" was my favorite song. So I am with you here.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
aha! Dearra is outnumbered!