Do you monitor your blood pressure regularly?

@djoyce71 (2512)
It's important to monitor your blood pressure specially those with health problems. Monitoring your blood pressure and keeping a record of the measurements will help you and your doctor in managing your health. In measuring blood pressure, we can either use the aneroid or the digital monitor. Do you monitor your blood pressure regularly? Do you measure your own BP? What device do you use when you're measuring and monitoring at home? Good day!
@iskayz (5424)
Hi there! Oh that's one thing I don't do, monitor my blood pressure though I know it is not good. I am just too busy that I forget about it. I only remember it when I am having headaches already. That's when I have my BP checked. We have a digital blood pressure but I like the aneroid. For me its more accurate and I like to do it cause I like to listen to my heartbeat hehe Ciao!
@djoyce71 (2512)
So, you get headaches. You must monitor your BP always. I have the aneroid, too, and think that it's more accurate than the digital one. I'm learning to measure my own BP at home.
@iskayz (5424)
Yeah I think I should monitor my BP cause I don't know what causes the headaches sometimes. They see both low and high blood have the same kind of effects.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Yes, my sister experiences the same symptoms as high BP, but she has a very low BP.
@salonga (27969)
I'm not really monitoring regularly because I have no problem so far with my BP. It's normal simply because I've been very, very mindful of how to keep myself healthy and fit. We have a clinic in our office and the nurse takes care of those who want their BP checked. My office mates who have hypertension are the frequent visitors of the clinic. I'm glad I am not!
@djoyce71 (2512)
Good for you, maam. Mine is also normal, but sometimes I get paranoid because I am overweight.
@salonga (27969)
Oh you should shed off the excess pound Djoyce my dear. You have to exercise and watch your diet. You are still young that's why you don't feel the effect yet but once you gets older you will most likely become hypertensive so do your best to reduce dear!
@arunmails (3013)
No... I think this is not necessary now..... coz, I am now 24...... I will check my blood pressure when I attain 30.... till then free from medical checkups.......
@djoyce71 (2512)
Ok, but I think it doesn't mean that if a person is 24 and young, will not experience high BP. There was a case I have known, that a 16 year-old boy was hypertensive. But, I guess, you're just so lucky and healthy.
@arunmails (3013)
yes..... I have the normal blood pressure....
@hildas (3031)
I do not have any devices in my home for to monitor my blood pressure, but I was thinking of buying one as My blood pressure has been high three times this year. I think keeping a close check on it might be a good thing. I have read that self-monitoring provides vital information between visits to your doctor. The only way to know whether your lifestyle changes or your medications are working well for you is to check your blood pressure regularly. Keeping track of changes can also help you and your health care team make decisions about your on going treatment strategy, such as adjusting dosages or changing medications. If you have prehypertension, or another condition that could contribute to high blood pressure, such as diabetes or kidney problems, home blood pressure monitoring could be very help for the doctor to diagnose high blood pressure earlier than if you only have blood pressure readings in the doctor's office.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Thanks a lot hildas. It sure is very important to keep checking BP.
@cornyman (1128)
Yeah, i monitor my BP nearly daily... more often when i made exercises because the Pulse shouldn't be too high during the exercises and afterwards lower. I use a good and cheap digital monitor at home. I think some percent difference to the one from the hospital is ok, as long as you know which range is low BP/high BP.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Something I learned today: "The pulse shouldn't be too high during exercise and afterwards lower." Thanks.
@Margarit (3677)
I check my blood pressure every week, in my work their is a nurse who monitor our blood pressure weekly. So far i dont have any problem of my bp for it is always normal. happy posting.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Good for you! It's normal. I hope it stays that way. Good day!
@mokbul (616)
Yes I do. Regular monitoring of blood pressure is a good practice for elderly as well as those who have family history of high blood pressure as well as heart disease. I use a digital BP meter, it does all the function automatically making unnecessary to pump air in cuff or to hear pulse beating by stethoscope. I know this method is not so accurate but more convenient.
@djoyce71 (2512)
I have tried the one that's worn on the wrist. It's more convenient and easier to use than the sphygmo... Thanks for responding.
• Japan
As of this time, not yet. But for the coming week, I think I will be doing that... Last week, there was a medical test made here in my workplace. Every employee went on x-rays, bone density measurement test, blood pressure test, blood test, urine and stool test, etc. And today, results came and the doctor's finding on me is I'm having a tendency to develop high blood! I can't believe it. Doctor said I need to avoid salty foods (that's explainable), drink lots of water everyday, avoid stress on work, exercise and monitor BP. I'm planning to buy some kind of digital blood pressure measuring device just to monitor my BP everyday. I'm just worried.
@djoyce71 (2512)
You should start monitoring your BP. See, we really are not sure of our health. We may feel just okay, but something is developing already without knowing. You are lucky you had tests.
@Nahsik (205)
Well, I do measure my BP every 3 months!!!! Well you have started a good discussion i really like that!!! Its the same usual machine something named with s.p..... Well i just dont remember the name Good day 2 u 2
@djoyce71 (2512)
It's good that you measure every 3 months. That's sphygmomanometer Nahsik. Thanks for responding.
@anjanabs (127)
not regularly,but once in a while i am checking my blood pressure.i have low blood pressure.sme times i feel light fainting.i drink plenty of water.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Does drinking a lot of water help stop the dizziness? I'll tell my sister about it.
@Nhey16 (2519)
we have our manual BP device, we need to have one coz my husband is sooooo big... and i guess it's a necessity for each household to have one...
@djoyce71 (2512)
I find it a necessity, too.
@trixyteddy (1072)
I checked my BP long ago. Haven't done it recently. but will heed your advise and do it immediately.
@djoyce71 (2512)
aneroids are more accurate. Digital are for novices. Digitals are faster are better suitable for self evaluations. Monitoring has got its own problems if not done under supervision. One must remember that Blood Pressure has no cut off line. Not that any one who has overshot a certain BP needs to be treated at once. even if you have headache just do not go check it yourself. The reason is called "White Coat syndrome". People get increase in their BP in the range of around 20 mm of Hg in the anticipation or anxiety of examination. This though occurs in the doctor's chamber but makes patients more apprehensible when they check their BP themselves. So it might not be always a good idea. But I am not against regular check up.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Yes, I think also that aneroids are more accurate. So, I'd better have check-ups with the real nurses or doctors to be sure.
@dong1970 (1573)
hi des, We do monitor our blood pressure regularly, for our family has a history of high blood.We use the blood pressure monitor gadget that was given to us by my mother-in-law.
@djoyce71 (2512)
It's hard if the family have that history, like ours. We should monitor our BP always.
@annierose (17418)
I do not monitor my blood pressure regularly.But last time the doctor told me that I must take good care of my blood pressure because it is getting low and I am getting anemic.That is because of too much staying late at night. Although I do not monitor my blood pressure, I just monitor what I am eating. I eat foods which will improve my blood pressure.I also try to avoid too much staying late at night.I also try to do exercises which will help in good circulation of my blood.
@djoyce71 (2512)
You must monitor it. It's good that you do exercise. I wish I could do that, too.
No, I don't. I always have low blood pressure, but not so low that I need to monitor it. That is one thing I've never had to worry about, my blood pressure. I'm glad. I really don't want to add high blood pressure to my list of health problems.
@djoyce71 (2512)
You're lucky Ambie. Thanks for responding.