house hopping!!

@vanities (11343)
Davao, Philippines
i had a friend actually who had been hopping house in a span of one year she was able to move out atleast three times(a very tiring activity)...just wondering if you guys had experienced this also and what causes it...
@Opal26 (17691)
Hi vanities! I can't imagine why anyone would even want to move that much! That would require you to live out of a suitcase and not really live anywhere. You can barely even establish an address in that amount of time. It makes no sense. What is the purpose of moving around that much? It is exhausting to move one time. But, I guess if you are moving that often then you aren't really moving with much stuff because if you were really moving a house full of furniture and other things then you surely wouldn't want to move that often because it just is too much work. What is this persons problem? Obviously, she doesn't want to settle down anywhere in particular, but why?
@Opal26 (17691)
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope she can settle down soon! That is so scary! Fire is my one true fear!
@dhangski (3194)
Hi there my friend. I've experienced that too before. I've been into 4 houses in the span of 5 years until we decided to move in here in our resthouse. The reason was, the houses that we were renting undergone through renovation or there was once that the owner needed the house when her son got married. Right now, I'm sure that we wouldn't move again because we now own this place. HUGZ always!!!
@vanities (11343)
• Davao, Philippines
good for you then..thanks for dropping dhangski
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
I had to move out of two houses about four times in and back because I was doing renovation to the house and I really felt awkward. I would not do house hopping since it is really stressful. © ronaldinu 2008
@vanities (11343)
• Davao, Philippines
thanks for sharing your experiences on this...
@KrauseHome (34982)
Back in 1987 I lived in 4 states. But I was also only 22 and 23 yrs. old. I of course had a lot of different addresses at that time too, so I can understand how someone can do it, but I would definately not advise it. I just could not stay put and was running from life, etc. So maybe this is the same for this person, or they cannot find a place they are happy with. Personally I would tend to think the Best thing anyone can do is to just live one place, and make the Best of it. Because eventually that is the Best thing for you if you sre wanting to do more with your life for sure.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello vanities, I did job hopping but not house hopping This is one thing that I don't like. It is really tiring and it takes time to pack and unpack all the stuff plus the re-arrangement of the furniture. Just to think of it, makes me feel so tired right now!
@subha12 (18453)
It may be your friend is not liking the house she is in. or may be she is finding it difficult to adjust. there can be other problems like rent etc.