Would you compromise your principles for a friend ?

@ronnyb (6120)
Jamaica
Would you be willing to compromise your principles for your friend ?.Or is there a limit to how much you would do for your friend ?.Are you a bad friend if you refuse to compromise for your friend ?.Is your friend selfish to ask you to compromise ?. Just some questions that you must ask yourself to test your friendship
@lilaclady (28240)
I don't think anyone is bad for believing in themselves, and that is what priciples are, they are about you, it depends on the cirmumstances on what tou can do for a friend but it is certainly not a bad thing to stick with your principles at all...
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
Very insightfull as always.
Generally I will not compromise my principles for my friends.But it will depend on the situation.If there is rustic situation then may be I will.But I don't think that I should have been called selfish or bad friend if I am unable to compromise and even if my ask me to compromise then also I have no right to call selfish..................
@ronnyb (6120)
• Jamaica
I agree with your stance too ,it totally up to you whether you want to compromise.
@rrdada (95)
no.one person who maintaining good laws need not to compromise.as a friend he can understand you.he can't force you.if you rejected your friend's request then you are not a bad freind.it suggest how good you are for your charector
Well I think the beauty of a real, true friendship is that you don't have to compromise who you are or what you believe in. My best friend and I have varying opinions on many topics and never, not once has one of us ask the other the compromise that. If you have a friend that puts you in that position then you need to tell them how you feel and why you can't do whatever it is. If they can't respect that- then the friendship probably needs to be reviewed. I would however do whatever I could within reason to be sure that my friend had what she needed and always be there for her and supprt her- none of those things should put me in a position to have to compromise who I am.