Communicating with friends & family members abroad, do you use chatrooms??

@loxion (1551)
with the situation of the economy nowadays and everything being costly, communicating with friends and family members who are abroad can be costly at any time I normally use chat programs and other means of low cost and maybe free programs like messengers and others.I mean you could save lot of money and still keep in touch everyday.Things like free internet calls and yahoo messenger How do you communicate with members who are far away from home?
In my online class, we need to use the school's chat room to collaborate. I also have friends that are stationed in Iraq right now and that's the only reason I use an IM (Yahoo IM). We all have webcams so it's nice. Happy MyLotting!
@loxion (1551)
Wow that's great and considering the fact that maybe they allow you access to do things like chating and being in touch with people far away from you, i hope to join you, lol
@rainmark (4307)
Well in communicationg my family abroad i used mobile phones for my family in the province who doesn't have computer and don't know how to use computer, i called them once month. And for my sister next to me, we are always chatting at yahoo for sometimes.Happy posting.
@loxion (1551)
That should be costly making International calls on your mobile, it would be better if they learn or buy a computer and that way communicating with them wold be much better, less costly and you can always communicate daily, but making direct calls from mobile to mobile i think is costly, but what can you do..you also need to communicate. I hope your family abroad realize how costly it for you and for the to keep in touch with each other, i hope they get to know how to use a pc or if they don't have one then they should get one. Good luck
no i prefer personalized chat i usually chat with my aunt and unkle in UK and my friend abroad through gtalk so i prefer personalized chat only
@loxion (1551)
Oh! that's great and that way you always save lot of money on making phone calls, thanks KrizaliD
@jambi462 (4599)
I prefer to communicate in person humankind is depending to much on technology nowadays.
@loxion (1551)
I mean in this case, the person you communicate with is far in another country, so far that it will be costly if you can try to communicate via a telephone call. I think the chat-rooms and other means of low cost can come in handy in situation like this. Like i said, things like internet call allow us to make internet voice and video calls some at no extra cost. Most internet calls have been bettered in terms of improving the quality of internet video and voice calls
@maroseqf (3657)
My parents-in-law are in Italy and I have some relatives in the US. We communicate using yahoo messenger. We sometimes call each other and even view each other's webcam. Yahoo messenger is user-friendly and widely used. I think it is better than other sites which offer only chat.
@salonga (27969)
Yes I do use the chatroom if I have time to communicate with friends abroad. That is the cheapest form of communication so I really thank technology for this. Imagine how expensive it is if talking is done via overseas call!