The Strange Weather

@Fishmomma (11599)
I really appreciated one of my friends for sending a message to see how we are doing in Southern California. We have been quite busy dealing with a broken freezer and shopping. The freezer went out at the worst time, as we have had major fires and heat waves. We had a record high of 89 degrees recently. I am not going to look at where the temperature has reached today, as its already climbing high. There is no breeze to make it better. We did have an earthquake, which was small; however, it was in this county, so did cause a lot of items to fall at least not on us. Hope everyone else is fine. I think its going to be a very hot winter for us. Its always odd to see no winter weather here. Happy holidays and hope you all are well.
@gtargirl (5385)
Stay safe, Fishmomma. The weather here is strange these days. It's still in the low 90s here in the desert of Southern Cal. My daughter lives in Anaheim and we were ready to move her here but she opted to stay. Then, like you, we felt two small earthquakes. What next? Anyhow, hope you're keeping the jitters under control and let's say a prayer for our firefighters.
@Fishmomma (11599)
We have had a few aftershocks and one of them had me moving to a different place. The lamp was moving a lot. I am always surprised when the earthquake is in this county and there have been a lot of them in 2008. Happy Thanksgiving and hope the heatwave is over soon. Thanks for the reply.
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
Hi my friend, it is good hearing from you. I hope things cool down a bit for you there. I would like to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving - enjoy!
@Fishmomma (11599)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and hope its not to cold there. I think this year several areas are having extreme temperatures just mine are on the high side. Thanks for posting.
@jillhill (37354)
Glad you are doing okay....it must be very frightening to have those fires and all the heat! I'll blow some Minnesota cold your way....it's only 25 degrees here today! Take care and happy holidays to you too!
@Fishmomma (11599)
Happy holidays to you. Wow, I could use just a little of that cold. Thanks for the reply.
@winterose (39931)
I am so sorry to hear you are going though these things, nobody likes the extra hassles especially when it involves money, Have a happy holiday too my friends.
@Fishmomma (11599)
Happy holiday to you also. It has been a challenging time. Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I know, my parents live in the San Gabriel Valley and I look at the weather on my Yahoo Weather, they are in the 80's where I am in the 70's in NorCal. I grew up in SoCal, so I know, it rarely, if ever, got too cold in the Valley area. The snow in Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead also rarely stays up there. But, that is the great thing about living in SoCal, you rarely have a cold winter, it at all. This is one reason people from the East flock to SoCal, they want warm weather. Honestly, who can blame them!
@Fishmomma (11599)
Thanks for the reply. Cold weather has been rare here. Have a great day.
Wow you have had you hand full. I hope things have calmed down. I know now last week you guys got the rains and no foliage to keep the mud from slipping. We are cooler now after the rain and are dealing with the bad fog.