To lock your computer

@kaka135 (14055)
Malaysia
Well, I just received this article from my colleague, and I think it would be quite useful if you are using the computer in the office, and always want to lock it when you are away. The easiest shortcut: Press Windows logo key + LOr, you can create a shortcut on your desktop. 1. Right-click the desktop. 2. Point to New, and then click Shortcut. 3. The Create Shortcut Wizard opens. In the text box, type the following: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation 4. Click Next. 5. Enter a name for the shortcut. e.g. "Lock Workstation"6. Click Finish. You can also change the shortcut's icon. e.g. padlock icon in shell32.dll To change the icon: 1. Right click the shortcut and then select Properties. 2. Click the Shortcut tab, and then click the Change Icon button. 3. In the Look for icons in this file text box, type: Shell32.dll 4. Click OK. 5. Select one of the icons from the list and then click OK. Hope this helps.^_^
Nice tips. I'll remember that the next time I don't want my brother getting on the computer. lol.
@kaka135 (14055)
Hi chickencereal, thanks for your response. Yeah, sometimes it's a good idea to lock the computer even if you are at home too. ^_^
@loxion (1551)
Hello Kaka, what would be the reason to lock your home computer, is it because you are hidding something from your partner or something you don't want you kids see? I normally leave my computer at home free of use by everyone, be it the kids or any other family members. But i think the tip is great for office computers because someone might login your files and do some damage there and costing you your job But Kaka a computer at home? unless if you do not trust your family members, that could always work
@kaka135 (14055)
Hi loxion, I'm just thinking someone may need to lock the computer at home too. Well, as for myself, there's no one else I need to hide any information from, there are only my husband and myself in the house, and he even knows my password, so no point locking the computer.
@cuttyrish (2663)
thanks for sharing this...this can help me alot...i like to lock my pc, so that no one can ruin my files or use it without my permission.. i will try it when i have the time...
@kaka135 (14055)
Hi cuttyrish, thanks for your response. Perhaps just Windows Logo + L, it's faster. ^_^
yeah tht is useful!
@kaka135 (14055)
Hi thecrazyjogger, thanks for your response. ^_^
@h8739182 (448)
Thanks for such a nice tip, I will use it for sure.
@kaka135 (14055)
Hi h8739182, I'm glad that it helps. ^_^