Is owning many pairs of shoes a fashion? How many do you have?

@sivanj (1263)
I just have a feeling that owning many pairs of shoes have become a fashion these days. i just have two with the reason that one is for rugged use and the other is for going to functions or parties. My friends are no exception as well. they have different reasons but all own more than 1 pair. so how about you? what reasons you would say for this?
@phoenix25 (1543)
I think I have about 14 pairs of shoes that I actually wear. I have a couple more pairs that I don't wear or that don't fit me right. I'm not particularly crazy about shoes, but I find myself accumulating them.
@sacmom (14317)
I did only have one pair up until about a week ago. I was using them everyday and they wore out rather quickly. I ended up finding a pair at Wal-Mart that were like ones I had a couple of years ago. I loved these shoes and wanted to get another pair last year, but couldn't find them no matter how hard I tried. Okay, so I didn't try very hard LOL, unless I needed shoes, but even then I couldn't find them. Anyway, when I went to Wal-Mart I was surprised to see them again. I called my husband and told him that I found my shoes. LOL He told me to get 2 pairs, but I didn't want to spend the money. Anyway I ended up getting another pair a few days later after my husband pointed out how these shoes may not be available the next time I want to buy a pair. So now I have 3 pairs of shoes. 2 nice pairs and my ugly worn out ones for around the house. LOL
@mimico (3619)
Well I also own more than 1 pair! I can't wear the same pair all the time. You need at least 1 flip flop or sandals type of shoe, 1 running shoe, and 1 formal shoe. But I think I have around 15 pairs of shoes in my closet. :P I always run out of space for my shoes which is very sad. I buy shoes on sale only though unless it's a very comfortable walking shoe. :)
@subha12 (18453)
it may be. but i do not owe many pairs of shoes.i had few that are needed to go to office and outside. i do not prefer buying so much shoes.
@kun2349 (23475)
I have 4 pairs of shoes.. lol =D 1 pair is for my gym workout, 1 pair is for my runs and trekking shoes.. While the other 2 pairs are my casual wears.. hehe ^_^ Oh, one more will be my function shoes, as it has to be presentable.. lol =D Other than that, i have a few slippers and sandals to match my clothes when i'm going out to somewhere not too far, whereby i can afford to be very casual.. lol
@smilyn (2964)
To tell the truth, I don't like to buy things unnecessarily..So I never have more than 2 pairs of shoes at a time. If one of them was torn or it could not be used any more I will buy a new one..I think it would be a good idea to invest the money in something else rather than buying shoes.
@ketybhagat (4125)
I too have on pair for office wear and one for rugged wear. I also have one pair which has heels on it, but after my knee fracture, i have not put them on. Yes a lot of people are crazy about footwear and want one to match their clothes. Must be really rich or really foolish.