Confused - ReviewStream pays $0.80 or $2.00 per review???

I hear everyone here saying $2.00 yet on the site it says: Review Rate = $2.00 Bulk Rate - $0.80 So which is it here? I wrote two website reviews and got paid the bulk rate for them, I so don't get this???
@potrish78 (742)
You'll get paid with a regular rate of $2 if your review met all of their criteria. On the other hand if your review did not meet some of their criteria then you'll get paid with a bulk rate of only 40 cents and not 80 cents. I had to correct you because the bulk rate is calculated according to the regular rate divided by five. Since the regular rate now is $2 divided by 5 = $.40. So the bulk rate is only 40 cents.
@liquorice (3901)
Yes, Potrish is correct. Reviewstream pay at two different rates; $2 if you write a good review that meets all of their criteria and 40 cents if it doesn't meet all the criteria. If you got 80 cents for the two reviews that you submitted it just means that you didn't meet all the criteria that they were after. It's sometimes difficult to know exactly what their criteria are, but it seems that you have to write reviews of a certain length, and they should be for products that they consider to be popular; the sorts of products that their readers are interested in. People often recommend that you shouldn't tick the box that says you will accept payment at the bulk rate. I've never found not ticking this box to make any difference at all. If they like the review they will pay $2, and not ticking the box doesn't stop them from doing this in my experience. Also if you don't tick the box then they reject the review at $2 you're going to have to start re-submitting your reviews, which gets time-consuming, annoying and confusing, in my opinion!
@Verity (851)
Okay, this information is helpful but how do you write good reviews in order to be paid by the $2 rate?
@liquorice (3901)
I've answered this question to the best of my knowledge above! to summarise, you have to write a good review and it needs to be of a reasonable length (most people who have tested this say that over 200 words is sufficient). Look at the website at the requests that people make for products that they want reviewed, and popular categories of products. Hope this helps!
Yes liquorice explained it exactly as it is on ReviewStream; You just have to keep trying if you don't get your review accepted for the $2.00 amount or if it gets rejected, redo it and re submit it! I always checkmark the bulk rate box I've had several go through for the $2.00 and one or two for a lower payment it kinda vary's a bit; Just keep trying! I'm a long ways from reaching payout but I am on my way "slowly" getting there...(G)!
@adihindu (1922)
It pays $2.00 per review. I am new to review stream. I was joined only two days back. I write only one review. I didn't get payment by them. Are you new to review stream or old. Happy to share your views. Happy myLotting.
@Verity (851)
I am also a member of Review Stream but I dpn't understand the site particularly in posting reviews. I did stop visiting the site.
@liquorice (3901)
adihindu, it pays $2 per review providing your review's long enough (say over 200 words) and meets all of their requirements. Otherwise you receive the bulk rate of $0.40. You won't get paid until you've reached payout, which is $50. Happy myLotting.
@anaphy (113)
what do you mean? it says on their site that they will pay 2 bucks for a review and you're saying that you got only 80 cents? maybe their system registered it as some mass review...or maybe they will only pay 3 bucks for the first person who wrote a review, and the latter, 80 cents... correct me if I'm wrong.
@anaphy (113)
erhm ,nvm...I think they find your review not really that fit and fully describes a product so they will only pay you the standard ("for the effort") rate. I just summed it up in their site a while ago.
@jpso138 (7868)
Well, I have joined this site. Usually it depends on how you want to get paid. If you submit a review, do not check the box for the bulk payment. If ever your review is accepted then you will be paid $2. If ever your review is rejected then you cannot do anything with it. But if they say that your review is okay but they are not willing to pay the amount you want, then submit the review again and check the bulk rate box for payment. In such case, the review will be paid at $0.80. But if you submit your review for the first time and you check the bulk rate payment box right away, you get paid for the bulk payment rate of $0.80. So the best thing to do would be is to submit it without checking the bulk rate payment box.
@rberon1985 (5394)
Hi. It is actually just their offer but they usually only pay through bulk rate, especially if many has rated or vote for your reviews. You get 10 cents for every votes.