Flying toenails?

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
OK this is my offbeat discussion for the day. I'm in the bedroom clipping my toenails and sometimes they just go flying hi and say bye. And I find them much later up on the windowsill or behind the dresser. Is this a problem in your house? Or do you have a flying toenail prevention program that works for you?
@hildas (3031)
I usually cut them in a room on the floor where there is carpet and then get the vacumn out. My husband throws his everywhere. He bites his nails and usually throws them behind the sofa. When I vacumn behind it there is quite a pile.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh nice,you should make him vacuum. lol
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yes innocent toenails. lol
@ladym33 (11007)
LOL, I have to admit this is the funniest discussion I have come across in the last couple of days. I would say that occasionally I will have a toenail escape and fly in to the unknown, and then find one in a strange place some time later. I try to keep them contained, but every once in a while I will lose control of one.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
The funniest thing is the sound effects. I know one got away and I can hear it land, but I have no idea where!
@1grnthmb (2063)
Everyone else in this house chews or picks their nails so when ever their is a stray I get yelled at. No matter how careful I am one always escapes. I really think they do it on purpose. To get me in trouble latter. And no matter how much I search I can not find them. But someone else with bare feet always seems to be able to find them
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
yes, why is it that you always discover the things in bare feet? Some kind of toenail version of Murphy's law?
@yuna15 (2707)
I usually clip my toenails in our terrace or when there are a lot of people outside of course I would have to do inside our house. What I do is a carefully cut the longest nail then I try to grap with my fingers when it's "almost" cut off and yes a few my toe nails still flies and fortunately it lands on the floor most of the time but I sometimes find a few in our sofa.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Hopefully they don't fly off the terrace in somebody's general direction!
I can't say that I have the flying toenail problem. When I clip my toes they usually stay in the clipper and I just clean it out. My boyfriend has this issue though. I don't know what he does, but I randomly find some huge clippings in my room int he most random places. And funny enough, the window sill was one of them. But I think that the issue can be resolved if you clip into it gently instead of trying to just snap it out. I'm not too sure if i'm describing it right. But when I clip my nails it's doesn't go straight through. I usually have to gently apply pressure, and when it clip it's doesn't make that loud sound and it doesn't go flying. That method may work.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
maybe he needs to go soak his feet first lol
Soaking your feet in warm water with a bit of epsom salts helps to soften the nail. This will be helpful when trimming them. When the nail is dry they tend to snap off and fly about!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Great, then I won't need protective goggles or a cone! :-)
@redkathy (3375)
Ok so you limit your time online and get off beat? LOL Yep I have a solution to the dangerously sharp flying nails, use your free hand as a weapon guard!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Free hand, aha. Now there's a device that won't take up cabinet space!