Once you've been hurt why is it so hard to love again?

Most people have been hurt with someone they love. The question is, how do you learn to trust and love again? Everyone wants a loving relationship but why is it so hard to accomplish or is it?
@winterose (39932)
you learn to open up your heart and try again in time, at first you shield yourself from getting hurt but then you can lonely and you want a special someone in your life again and you learn to trust again, they key is always to find the right person not to jump at the first person that comes along.
@diillu (5130)
I think it is all about learning from the mistakes. As long as we don't learn from our mistakes we aren't big and growing at all. So, if one is in a bad relationship and end up hurtful, it doesn't mean that the person should stay broken hearted forever. Learning from mistakes helps alot for what kind of person we shouldn't fall in love with again. So, there's even the saying that "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger".
Ignorance is bliss. The only guy I loved for the longest time and I broke up five years ago. The only girl I've ever loved to the same extent had repeatedly hurt me for the past seven years. I'm just learning to love again... The trust is still an issue. It's mainly because mostly everyone sucks and everything is stupid. Shouldn't give up hope, though... Sometimes people come through. =)
@Shar1979 (2723)
It's really hard to trust someone agan after being heart-broken especially if it hit you really bad. You should let time heal the wound first. If you're ready to fallin love again, then it will happen. Just focus on being happy for now and see if you're really for another relationship.
@stephcjh (32385)
I have been hurt several times by alot of people in my life. I have a hard time loving again because it is so hard to trust people these days.