Do financial strains have their toll on you?

@ronaldinu (12445)
Malta
I cannot say that I am in dire financial. However I do need to save and plan ahead before having a holiday or buying something for the house. Do you think that financial strains have its toll on you? © ronaldinu 2008
I know they do, but I also know, with God's help, I'll be all right.
I have so many financial problems right now that I feel like i'm losing my mind sometimes. But I realize that the economy is so bad everywhere that the problem is not unique just to me.
@suspenseful (40316)
I have to save ahead as well. I am not in any financial straits well, because like you, I do budget ahead. However we are both now on full pensions, and although I have more money coming in because I get Old Age Security, my husband is getting less. So I have to not spend as much as I would have liked and I have to put some aside because strokes run in my husband's family and he might get a big one anytime now.
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
Yes, having lack of money or funds to just do what I want without thinking or planning does take a toll on me and my family. I also have to plan ahead and figure out which bill comes out this week or that week. I also have to keep bills down low. because if they are to high. I doesn't leave much for food.
@bombshell (11266)
i dont know?cant answer
@dragon54u (31615)
The only thing that is a strain on me right now is the fear of losing my job. I've saved all that I can and have enough for a couple months' expenses now. I hope to add more! However, what's really stressful to me is watching my retirement funds fall. I'd like to find whose fault this is and kick them as hard as I can in the butt, then go through their wallet and recompense myself!
@suruchi86 (1873)
Same for me. I'm also not in very bad situation but yes, still I'm feeling the pinch.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
This winter I do since my husband is a carpenter and works outside alot his work dwindles down alot in winter months so we are usually strapped for cash during this time. We usually try to save ahead because we know this happens but emergencies are always coming up. We had to buy a new stove and it was unexpected and now our dryer is making a loud screeching noise as it turns so we can't use it cause the sound is worse then nails on a chalkboard. So already we are going into this winter lower on cash. So yeah financial strains will have their toll this winter.
@kun2349 (23475)
I dun really have any financial strains on me.. As long as i get to spend and save, it's still the same to me.. For, i dun spend much, and my priority is always on food.. lol =D ANd so even food is expensive, but it wont be as expensive as clothes or other daily necessities.. lol =D Other than that, all my bills are still being paid on time, thus, i'm not affected in anyway ^_^
@ketybhagat (4125)
Its not that we are hand to mouth. We have some small savings in our bank account. However, it is not really enough to go out and spend it all, for it is kept for our old age. Here in India, because we have no social security system, we have to save to eat in our old age or go hungry. Its sad but true, so we save. But with growing inflation, that is becoming very difficult. Let us say, we can manage 3 meals a day without any other frills.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
My fiance do not have a job right now so we make from here is what we make. I am trying to learn how to crochet so that I can have an extra income for us. Any crafts would do, but I want to start with Crochet as I think it'd be fun plus it'd be great as well for presents... I've said that in other discussions... Well, I honestly think that yes it's a bit of a strain but as we also don't have bills to pay, you can say we are lucky. My fiance and I have a dream of never working but earning off of hobbies and off of this site. I think we can do it if we put our hearts to it, so that is what I am doing with my crocheting hobby.
@littleowl (7157)
Because of my health I am unable to work so financially for me it is always a strain, the little I do get I try to make mends met and sometimes wonder how it is done..so yes it is a strain for me financially...littleowl
@Anne18 (11036)
I agree with you that they do have a strain on us. But you just have to stay focus, not get out of oyur depth and then it will be ok, or have good ideas of how to get out of your depth
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i think every one has felt the strains except maybe for the millionaires in the world. i have everything i need & don't know of anything i want but that's a good thing.
Hi ronaldinu, Financial strin is taken on everbody at the moment and we have to make ends meet at the moment but we are not too bad though, but we manage, we have to. Tamara
@winterose (39918)
Yes it does, and for years now. I has also affected my health and I just pray that one day I will get out from under it.
@Chevee (5915)
Not yet. And I am not going to claim it. I am going to pray that I will be able to make it financially even when I am jobless. I have made it too far in life to let it get me down now. The reason I am saying this is because I will be jobless at the end of the year. No income not old enough to retire. And I am at the age where no one would like to invest anytime in me. In this area they like the younger generation.
Yes, it does but I'm trying to be more positive so I can be more creative on how to make more money and spend less. I'm learning it slowly but I am getting there.