don't you think craving to smoke is worrying or even scary?

@mazdakid (347)
hi guys! i have to admit that i'm a smoker. based on my frequency of just 1-4 sticks a day, i'm still lucky to be a "mild smoker". the reason why i smoke is that i feel this annoying urge to smoke while driving, either in traffic or in an open road. when i try to leave my cigarettes at home, or if i run out along the way, i feel too irritated and crave to smoke a bit. i find it scary. fortunately, i can force myself to stop smoking. in fact, i was able to stop smoking for 6 months, but i returned to my habit because of stress at work. whenever i try to stop, i feel this scary urge, especially while driving and if stuck in traffic. how about you guys? how do you feel when you sense that urge to smoke?
@jambi462 (4598)
Not at all because there are different kind of smokers out there. There are people that kick back relax and smoke a cig for something to do or to calm themselves. There are also people that are very uptight about smoking and act like they need a ciggarette every hour or so. You just have to remember like everything else its mind over matter. When I feel the urge to smoke I go smoke. We're all going to die sometime apparently and lung cancer is not a big worry of mine or any other adverse affects of smoking.
@mazdakid (347)
hi! thank you for your comment. although smoking is a bad habit, we all have to admit that it helps us calm ourselves. it makes me feel better too, especially when driving. i have several officemates and ex-classmates who are soooo uptight about smoking that they really smoke 1 to 2 PACKS a day. i guess it's mind over matter. thanks for helping me feel a bit better about my craving. everybody has his/her own ways of coping with problems. some smoke. some drink. some do bad things. some do good things to their bodies. and come to think of it, with all the possible things that could happen to us, anything else can get us kicking the bucket sooner before the lung cancer starts. morbid, but kinda true. hehe.
@besthope44 (12145)
Well people like smoke mainly for few reasons, one at young age as fun, middle age as work or personal pressure and at old age due to addiction.
@cream97 (29166)
Yes, it is like you desire to smoke and crave smoking.. It is a sign up wanting to smoke..