Leading to End Poverty

Yep yip yip, superstars, business people and the like do have their blah blahs on "ending poverty" but have you been keeping eye if their efforts have resulted to remarkable changes in the statistics? It's like a punch on the moon's face but have you thought that an ordinary "you" can join this cause and take part in reducing poverty in this world? If so, what part of this planet will you be taking part of in an end to poverty program?
My own back yard. I know poverty is relative, but my partner and I live on less than $2000 a month, and with the cost of living rising the way it is, we sre desperately struggling. And although we are yet to actually go hungry, it wouldn't take a lot of unexpected expense to cut our diet down to the absolute basics, so I'll just look after myself for now. But if the world leaders don't come up with a better way of doing business than global capitalism, we will all end up in the poverty boat. Lash
@sharra1 (6344)
Yes my own back yard. If I had money to help I would but I cannot help myself at the moment. There is so much wealth in this world that if people stopped being greedy and started sharing their wealth it would be easy to end global poverty. But greed rules. All over the world people waste money on frivolous things and buy themselves power but when asked about sharing the wealth they scream that why should they give money to people who are poor.