Losing money on mylot

@jambi462 (4598)
Yesterday I could have sworn that I had fifty-seven cents in my account and now it says that I only have fifty-six. Can you lose money on mylot and if so how?
i thought it was only my imagination that i had $4.01 last night and then it became $4.00 when i logged on tonight. maybe we posted on the same discussion that got deleted.
@owlwings (40042)
• Cambridge, England
At the bottom of every page there is a link to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). The complete answer to your question (and many other questions about the way MyLot works) is there. Earnings are never fixed until the end of the month and may go up or down. If you create a discussion or respond to one that is subsequently deleted, the earnings for that discussion are deducted and redistributed.
@Metalchick (1387)
Earnings can decrease on mylot if the discussions you have started or responded to are deleted thus taking your earnings with them. Discussions are deleted by mylot if they breach the mylot rules an obvious example would be posting a referral link. It might be an idea to have a quick read of the mylot TOC's and FAQ as this explains a little more about it. This has happened to me in the past but now I am a little more aware of which discussions to respond to as some I look at now are clearly going to get deleted.
@kykidd (6819)
You are the second person today that I have seen started a discussion similar to this. I myself lost one cent over night too. Yesterday my earnings listed at the top of the page were $12.96 and today they are only $12.95. I have never seen this happen before. I wonder if there was a glitch in the system. Or if they just decided to go around and take one cent from everyone thinking that they would not notice. You figure there are over 152,000 people on this site. If they took one cent from everyone, that would save them $1520. Wow that is a pretty huge chunk of change. I wish I could get everyone in the world to give me a penny. A penny doesn't seem like a lot of money. But if you got a number of people to give you just one penny think how much money you could have! Anyway, it wasn't just you. Thought I would let you know. And I am sure they have their reasons. Although, I have been here for over a year and have never had this happen before. I hope we will get some kind of explanation from myLot! Thanks for starting this discussion, and have a great day!
@Kumaresan (450)
i have no idea on this because i'm also a new guy here... maybe you should post this on mylot.com section... there's a lot of people there to help you...
@baileycows (3669)
Yes you can and don't get discouraged you will see this happen from time to time. Be careful of what discussions you respond to if they violate mylots code then they could be removed. However this is difficult because you could respond to a perfectly fine discussion and somebody may come behind you and ruin it. It just means that one of your responses or discussions has been deleted. I wish we could see which ones, but I dont think that will ever happen. So don't worry it is usually very rare that it happens to me but it does.
@arcidy (5016)
I dont see how you can loose money on mylot because I dont think ive ever heard anyone loosing money on mylot and ive never lost money on mylot before. And you can always check your daily earnings to see if you did infact loose money which I doubt you did.
@saundyl (9690)
Yes, you can. Typically this happens when a response you've made has been in a discussion that violates the rules (and the discussion is deleted) OR a discussion you have started has been deleted - usually due to either rule violation on your part or the part of someone responding.