Do you buy food on the streets?

@ronnyb (6119)
Jamaica
In the caribbean where I am from road side restaurants are very common and well supported.Some of the most sumptuos treats are served up on the streets with cars and other automobiles moving swiftly by.This is part of our culture and as a matter of fact ,may persons dont cook on a friday opting for the succulent treat of jerked pork or jerked chicken .This is basically seasoned meat roasted in a drum by charcoals. During the week,many persons get their lunch for mobile restaurant which also serve local cuisine and variuos natural juices.These meals are sometimes a little cheaper but no less tatsy.My mother seems to think health issue aside ,that eating at these restaurant is not proper etiquette. Would you indulge in a roadside restaurant , if you were convinced it was prepared in a health setting .
@adihindu (1922)
I used to get breakfast tacos and fried rice from street vendors all the time when I was in college. They were the fastest and cheapest way to get a meal on campus.The opportunity doesn't present itself the same way now that I'm older, but I've hit taco trucks around town a few times.Street vendors are required to meet the same standards as restaurants regarding sanitation. The quality of their food is what will keep them in business. Happy to sharing your views. Happy myLotting.
We really don't have it as an option around here, but depending on the food and what it looked like, I'd think about it
@Kumaresan (450)
Well, we all normally buy food on streets... if you consider the amount of polluted stuff going in your food, then you should be pretty worried... but, now the world is so much polluted already so we don't normally care about it...
@cream97 (29166)
Well, no. I don't have this opportunity. I live up South and being that food is not normally offered on the street. Not unless it is a selling of fruit or vegetables. As far as I know of. I do wish that I could buy off the street. That would be fun. I have always seen this done in movies, but not in real life. Up state has this type of thing more often. Where I live at, I have not seen this as much. But, I have seen it on movies..
@vandhu (432)
yeah i feel it is not hygenic when you buy food from roadside restaurants. your body is prone to many diseases if you consume food from there.