Countdown to turkey

@glords (2615)
With only one week to go, are you ready for Thanksgiving. Do you have a big bird taking up all the room in your freezer? Have you cleaned out the spare bedroom for the holiday guests? Have you ordered the rolls yet? What are you doing for Thanksgiving, and are you ready?
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi glords! Yes my bird is in the freezer! Not my freezer though! He's in my upstairs neighbor's freezer who is out of town! So, I will take him out on Sunday and put him into the fridge part to start thawing out! My neighbor's refrigerator is empty so I can leave the bird there until I'm ready for it! I have just about everything that I need, but will pick up a few last minute things this weekend. I'm not having any company. It's just me an my boyfriend and my two cats! I did buy a 20 pound turkey because I just love to have lots of leftovers!
@SaintAnne (5453)
20 pounds? Good luck with that, Opal! I am very amazed that you get to use your neighbor's freezer. Is this one of the same people you go to wearing just your pjs?
@Opal26 (17690)
No, that would be my girlfriend across the street. This is my upstairs neighbor. He is in Alabama in his other apartment. He is quite ill and is living near his son and is keeping this apartment too, although he is never here. So I am using his empty freezer. I am vrey fond of him and wished he was here, but even if he was he would let me use the freezer for my turkey anyway. I get his mail and watch the apartment for him.
@glords (2615)
Oh what luxury to have an extra freezer. This time of year I really could use one. I am packed to the brim... Guess I'll have to go without my leancuisines for a week... there is no room in the inn. I hope you two both have a terrific Thanksgiving, it sounds like you have enough for the cats too.
@SaintAnne (5453)
Gobble, gobble! As my entire family here (my mom, brother and sister) will enjoy a nice thanksgiving feast at my brother's place in San Francisco, I will be celebrating it at work as I am working. Although just looking at the menu at work makes me think that working on that day isn't bad at all.
@glords (2615)
That isn't fair, no one should get out of the torture of family time that is forced on us every holiday, not to mention the slave labor in the hot kitchen... wait... maybe work wouldn't be such a bad idea... just kidding. Sorry you have to work but what a blessing to have your whole family close. Hope you enjoy your time with them. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@SaintAnne (5453)
The only person missing is my dad who's in the Philippines but he doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving anyway. We just started to celebrate this holiday when we got here. My brother will be coming back with my sister and mom that night so I get to see him the next day which would be nice since I haven't seen him since the last week of August. Have a great Thanksgiving, glords. For some reason, I am imagining you, your husband and you wearing your football jerseys.
@my2boys (821)
turkey - Thanksgiving turkey
I normally do not buy my turkey until a couple of days before Thanksgiving. That way I can just bring it home and leave it out to thaw without having to worry about making space in my freezer. My family is coming from only an hour away so they wont be spending the night. Therefore I dont have to worry about making room for them. Thanksgiving at my house should be interesting this year since I have a three month old son that wont let me put him down for a minute. It will be interesting to see how I am going to get all the food cooked for at least 10 people by myself. We might end up having Thanksgiving the next day. lol.
@glords (2615)
Wow you are a wonder woman!!! Cooking the whole meal all by yourself. I would ask my relatives to bring things or at least to come early to help you with the baby. How fun it is to have a new baby on Thanksgiving. That is certainly one blessing you can be thankful for. There is nothing so wonderful as a toothless smile. Good luck with the meal and happy mylotting
I have no idea what I'm doing for Thanksgiving. My Papaw is too sick for company, so my grandparents are ruled out, my sister is spending Thanksgiving with her husband's family another state away, and all the other extended family is scattered about. I have no clue what my parents and I will be doing, but I'm sure it will be fun. I can't be with my parents and not have fun.
@glords (2615)
That is so wonderful! What a blessing to have both of your parents. I lost my father a little over a year ago, and my mom is spending the holiday with her new family. I'm glad you will have another year to make cherished memories with your parents, what a special gift.... As for me, I'm grateful for my new family. What would I do without my husband and inlaws?
@camomom (7536)
I was looking forward to staying home and cooking this year and having my sister and her family visit. She turned down my invite. Now, we are going to his sister's house and having a badly cooked meal.