Do you listen music to help you sleep..???

@diillu (5128)
I was wondering how many of us here in mylot have similar habit of listening music to sleep?? I don't know wether this is a good or a bad habit but I do it most of the time. At the times when I can't sleep then I plug in my ipod and play the best music or my favourite songs. And then I slowly get into sleep. I must say that it helps to get into sleep. What about you guys..???
I don't listen to music to help me sleep but I do keep the television on. My husband and I put it on the Disney Channel at night before we go to sleep. LOL. I don't know why we picked that channel but I can say they don't have anything crazy coming on at night that could effect our dreams so it's cool.
I remember my cousin and she sleeps easily when she's watching or practically listening to TV shows. She would be awake when I turn off the tv. Haha.
@diillu (5128)
Disney channel, it seems intresting to me. I also choose soft music while I'm sleeping cause I think they make sleep as well as give me good dreams as well.
@praveenjena (1305)
hello dillu, well i love to listen to music but i never listen to music while i sleep. i feel that i require a silent atmosphere to sleep. but i never mind when there is some short of noise, or if someone plays some mild music in the room where i sleep. also in addition to that if i am very tired i do not require any pre requisites to sleep. i even sleep if i get some place to sit. that may seem funny but that is true. have a good day and happy my lotting.
@diillu (5128)
Waow, really you sleep everywhere. As for me I have really tough time when I'm sleeping anywhere else other than my bed or my room. And listening music helps me alot esp. soft music.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello diillu, I loved listening to music when I was single. I had a hard time to get to sleep and the best option is to listen to music. But after getting married, it is not a problem anymore. I am just too tired with work, house chores and family that I can fall asleep easily.
@Jasna88 (152)
• Serbia And Montenegro
No, music makes me way too energetic to be able to fall asleep listening to it. Even if its just slow, quiete song, i cant do it. When i was sleeping alone, without boyfriend, i used to listen ipod every night in dark, after our skype conversations- about 2am I would lislen for 30min or so, turn it off, and still have trouble sleeping. maybe because music means so much to me so i cant just 'quit' it
@metschica25 (5408)
Hey Hey there I used to listen to music back when I was in High school . So long ago and I remember putting in a tape of songs I made (that is why said long ago LOL) I would just about dose off when the last song was on . Sometimes now I do that but not too often .
@Blondie2222 (21227)
Yes sometimes I will listen 2 music 2 help me sleep. But alot of times I just fall asleep to the TV on watching a movie or something. Very rarely will I put music on the TV. I have alot of nites to where I can't sleep at all...I hate them nights though.
ya i too listen music when i want to sleep and i cant.but i like to listen soft music. happy mylotting and have a nice time.
@andrusko (49)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
when i was younger i used to listen radio in bed, nowdays i am not...
@23uday (2998)
HI FRIENDS I do listen to music before going to sleep.When i dont feel sleepy,then i listen to some nice music,and i fall asleep.I daily listen to music. Listening soothes me and i forget my daily stress and feel more relaxed and energetic. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi! It is so easy for me to get to sleep, and I usually end up tired after getting home from work, so sleep is very welcoming. I don't need any sleep aids, and I could just about sleep everywhere, even while sitting infront of the TV after a very tiring day. When I simply want to sleep, I don't really listen to music. I want a totally peaceful or quiet environment, without distractions (so the lights are off). Whenever I listen to music in my room, I always listen to the lyrics, so that would defer me from sleeping. I never forget to turn my music off before I sleep. My sister is the exact opposite! She would listen to loud rock music and fall asleep on that! Well, different strokes for different folks, even for family members! Happy myLotting!
@laladida (151)
I sometimes put some jazz on or some nice, soft, lullaby-like song.
Most of the time, I listen to music before going to sleep. The music I listen to are mostly from instrumental jazz and new age artists like Enya and Kitaro. And also, from Cocteu Twins. These songs help me to relax my mind and body, thus falling asleep within a short time.
@mimico (3619)
No, I'm a very light sleeper so I can't sleep when there's noise and light. Even the faintest light or the softest music will prevent me from sleeping, although perhaps if it was as soothing a a lullaby then I should probably get used to it in no time at all. What happens to your ipod when you fall asleep? Do you wake up in the middle of the night and just turn it off?
@jguevara (27)
yeah i do, but i have to wear really bulky headphones, as to avoid waking other people up, it can be quite uncomfartable, but once i get my head in the right position its really soothing. Nothing like a bit of heavy metal to get you to sleep lol
@Llonorra22 (1150)
yes, do do that too.. and like you I can easily fall a sleep.
@iamfine (740)
I don't need music to help me get into sleep, and as sa matter of fact, I don't like to listen to music when I am getting sleep, because i would listen to the music very clearly and become more awake. In order to have a good sleep, I prefer to have a cup of milk.
I rally fancy the idea of listening to music when you sleep.It really helps you to feel relaxed and you really don't know when you start to drowse off. Also music has healing power so all your negative thoughts which are there in your mind get cleared off. So happy sleeping....
@jess07 (319)
hi, i am always listening to music,to go to sleep when i wake up in the morning, when im walking in the street...
oh,no,I don't.I remember may be 2 years ago,one night I could't fall asleep,so I picked up my earphone and tried to close my eyes again.But I found it's no help,I became more and more exciting.And I stay awake till morning.So after that time,I never listen music to help sleep.
@kun2349 (23475)
Nope.. I did tried it once when i was still young, and instead of sleeping, i became more awake.. lol =D Because the lyrics keep playing inside my head, and i became distracted.. hehe ^_^ BUt watching tv at times, will help me to help, if it's a boring show.. lol =D Also, i dun like having earplugs or headphone on my ear while sleeping, and so, i will never do that ever again.. hehe