Androgynous Names

Can anyone help me compile a list of names that can be used for both genders? Just the nicknames would suffice. Like Sam or Joey or Tony/Toni. Or, uh, names in your country that can be mistaken in other countries for the name of the other gender. Like that movie where the main guy character had email correspondence with a person named Mieke (I think?) who he called Mike and thought was a guy until his little brother said Mieke was the German equivalent of Michelle (yeah, I think I'm remembering wrong, but I hope the thought was coveyed properly). Or even names that used to only be for one gender until it was appropriated to be used by the other gender as well. Example would be how that commonly male name (er, was it Ashley?) became popular with females after a novel (I think?) popularized a protagonist with that name due to her father wanting a son instead of a daughter. Yeah, I think I butchered that last example. Irregardless, yeah. Names that can be given to both males and females. If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
@mssnow (9496)
I know of a few that are considered one gender but can be used for both. Like shannon or Carol or michael. But I think you mean that can be used for both genders. Like chris, or pat,Danni/Danny, mickey, jeri/jerry, jaime. Thats about all I can think of for now.
Thanks a lot! And nope. As long as it can be used for both genders, it doesn't matter if it's only considered for one gender, so Shannon, Carol and Michael are all acceptable. :) It makes me wonder, though. I've never seen Michael used for girls before. Mickey, yeah, but not Michael. I have met a couple whose names happen to be John Michael and Jeanne Michelle, though, but while they sound the same, it was still not really Michael for both. :P Thanks again!
@mssnow (9496)
Michael lerned from the waltons was Mrs walton. Yeah she is the only micheal i know who is a lady lol
@ratyz5 (7831)
After reading this discussion, I tried to think of Filipino names that could be used for both male and female yet, oddly, I couldn't think of any. Probably because most of the 'filipino' names that I could think of are actually influenced by Spain which often have their words either in the masculine or feminine. (^_^") Japanese names seems to be possible on being given for either male or female. I mean, I use to think only of that red haired female Evangelion pilot whenever I hear Asuka but, I have read and watched a few manga and anime that used the same name for guys. I could only think of western ones and I happen to have a cousin who I call Jack though her real name has Jacklynn in it. Lets see.. An for Antony Simon could be pronounced differently to accomodate a male or a female name Eve for Steve - yeah, sounds like something made-up Rick for Erica Remy could be for both boys and girls until Remiliza makes it clear Rocky for Rachell - I don't know how they pull it off Well, sorry if I could only recall a few.. (^_^")