It looks like it's going to be a very quiet walk this morning...

@reinydawn (11649)
I have been very bad... I normally walk 3 miles every morning, but for the past few weeks, it just hasn't been happening. Some days I will walk maybe 1 or 2 miles, bust most days it's a big fat (and I mean fat) ZERO. One consequence of this is that I ignore my ipod. I haven't plugged it in for at least a week. Now, the battery's dead and I wont have it to walk with today. I tend to get bored if I don't have any music while I'm walking and I will walk a lot slower, and usually not the full 3 miles. I'm hoping that this little boost I give it before I get out there will help, but I doubt it... Lesson learned - WALK EVERY DAY!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi reiny! That's really great that you still are walking at least! When I do have to go walking somewhere like today I just dread it! It's really cold out today, I think in the 20's and I'm not sure how far the walk is in terms of length but all I know is that I am dreading doing it. We have to walk some hills and that is killer for me! Both my knees are hurting so it will only make things worse! Me and my boyfriend are doing our in the neighborhood shopping so we will be walking to the stores. It is definitely quite the hike from my apartment. I hate doing it on the weekend because there is a huge parking lot and the cars are crazy! They don't care about the people that are walking. It really is a long walk from where we start. I wish I knew how far it was! I am not looking forward to it at all! But, it needs to be done so there is no choice!
@reinydawn (11649)
You should mapquest it. That'll tell you how far it is. I always like to know how far I'm walking - mostly to track my miles now for my 3-day walk. (pretend I'm "stern-looking" at you) You should be doing more walking!!! It's good for you!!! (ok, done "stern-looking" at you) Seriously, I know it's cold, I had to wear earmuffs and gloves today. But, I find it's easier to walk when it's cold... I walk a bit faster to keep myself warm, which in effect gets a few of those calories burnt up... I did decide last year that if it's below 13, I don't walk, that's way too cold...
@Opal26 (17690)
I don't think I know how to mapquest it! It's a nice walk with hills and stuff! I was all bundled up with a hat, hood, gloves and I was still freezing! Damn I'm 56 I can't do this walking in the cold anymore! My bf is 45 on Monday! He thinks it's fun! He jumps on the back of the shopping cart like a kid! Great! I'm ready to die!
Yes, staying with a good thing is all important. Have you thought about depression or S.A.D.? Here is a link to an article I wrote on the former: http://www.ehow.com/how_4601083_have-sad.html
@reinydawn (11649)
Sorry, I have no clue what you're talking about... I'm actually not really depressed about the ipod, I just would rather have music while I walk...