Have you mistakenly greeted someone else in public as someone you know?

@modstar (9617)
It happened to me a few weeks ago in a mall when this guy came and greeted me with his eyebrows and about to wave his hand. He must have realized that i was the wrong guy. But still maybe we know eachother back in the past then it could be my mistake.
@redhotpogo (3935)
Greeted you with his eyebrows? lol was he hitting on you? Man just imagining that scene is odd. I've never greeted someone in public by mistake before, but I've waved back at people only to realize they were waving at someone behind me. Then I usually just try to play it off by stretching or something.
@modstar (9617)
Haha, that usually happens but we usually get away with it hehe. Well, here in our country you can greet using your eyebrows. You know like move them upward. It's looks kind of meaningless but for someone who are used to it, it may mean something like "hey what's up? gotta roll!" , "hey i don't know you much. see ya!" , "hmm.. you're my friend's brother right?" ... something like that.
oh you're a phil. I'm going there soon. I'll have to remember that. I'll use my eyebrows. Hopefully I don't get smacked.
@modstar (9617)
Yup, Nah you won't get smacked. You'll get a smack lol!
@rgenzon (44)
haha. lol. i once greeted someone but when i came to saw her face. i was like. omg, its not my friend. felt embarassed. a funny experience though. lol. :)
@pinks17 (2192)
[i]I am good at recognizing people and good at names as well.But there are instances when someone would greet me and would say hi and then would tell me "oopss sorry I thought you are ..... " and for me it's just a guys way of knowing your name.hayz.. I would just look at the persons eyes and would think really hard if I know this person or not before saying hi or waving a hand to that person.[/i]
@modstar (9617)
Hehe.. that's what you call suplada
@oyenkai (4399)
Yeah, I even smiled and almost said something. Then I realized it's not the separate person so I said, sorry, my mistake. She understood and smiled and walked away. That was really embarrassing. But I think they don't mind. I don't mind if people mistake me for someone else, as long as they don't bother me that much :) Thanks for commenting in my discussion!
@modstar (9617)
Ah huh! I guess we'll come across someone who'll make a mistake like that and we just don't mind at all because we shouldn't be.
I do this often! lol! I am suppose to wear my darn glasses but I look like crap in them so I don't wear them.. so I guess I don't see who I think I see! lol! last week in wal mart I saw my cousin... so I run through the store.. and jump on his back and give him a kiss on his cheek (yeah they hate seeing me in public.. and when they were dating their gf's they REALLY hated me cause their gf'd didn't know who I was! anyway that's a different story) anyway I hop down to see a total stranger! lol! My hubby tells me that I really need to stop doing that, but I believe I made that guys day! hahaha!
@Theresaaiza (9602)
I actually hugged someone from the back thinking she was my bestfriend.....my eyes, my friend, are as clear as fog. :-)
@ANTIQUELADY (36492)
i have & it's embarassing. then i think about it & get tickled because i know they are wondering who in the devil was that.
hi modstar! I'm a bit shy so if I am not sure about the person I dont greet him immediately, I have to look closer first. so this have never happened to me.