Reading Inside the Parentheses

@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I've been wondering this for awhile, but only today thought about making it into a discussion. I was taught that it wasn't necessary to read what was in the parentheses. In parentheses, I was told, was usually non important info and that it was easier (and faster) to read without reading the parentheses. In school I didn't really read in parentheses, but out of school I read things in parentheses. Especially now that I am learning to crochet, crafters will agree, it's a necessity. Sure would look funky if I didn't add what was in the parentheses to the project. So do you read inside the parentheses, or don't you? Did you read my "(and faster)"? I didn't even mean to put that there.
I read the information within the parenthesis because it normally clarifies or adds things that make the reading more understandable. If there were a surplus of parenthesis in a reading or such, I would probably question the writer, knowing that they shouldn't be used too excessively. Also, some people may consider somethings important and others not so much. I don't think it hurts to read what's inside them.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
Yes, it's true that others might read it, and then some may not. If there were to many parentheses I would wonder myself, but I wouldn't criticize, I would figure it was an over zealous writer. I appreciate the response.
@Hyde21k (65)
I was actually taught that things in parentheses were comments made by the author which are optional to read. This came from my college English teacher who I am certain would love a site like this!
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
Well that sounds like that'd be something they'd do. Well, I appreciate the response.