Finally- a clear explanation about economic systems

By JJ
@myklj999 (18277)
I don't know who wrote this, but I thought I would share. It's pretty good. Economic Models explained with Cows - 2008 update SOCIALISM [i]You have 2 cows. You give one to your neighbor. [/i] COMMUNISM [i]You have 2 cows. The State takes both and gives you some milk. [/i] FASCISM [i]You have 2 cows. The State takes both and sells you some milk. [/i] NAZISM [i]You have 2 cows. The State takes both and shoots you. [/i] BUREAUCRATISM [i]You have 2 cows. The State takes both, shoots one, milks the other, and then throws the milk away... [/i] TRADITIONAL CAPITALISM [i]You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull. Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income. [/i] SURREALISM [i]You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons [/i] AN AMERICAN CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows. Later, you hire a consultant to analyze why the cow has dropped dead. [/i] ENRON VENTURE CAPITALISM [i]You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island Company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more. You sell one cow to buy a new president of the United States , leaving you with nine cows. No balance sheet provided with the release. The public then buys your bull.[/i] A FRENCH CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. You go on strike, organize a riot, and block the roads, because you want three cows.[/i] A JAPANESE CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. You redesign them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary cow and produce twenty times the milk. You then create a clever cow cartoon image called 'Cowkimon' and market it worldwide. [/i] A GERMAN CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. You re-engineer them so they live for 100 years, eat once a month, and milk themselves. [/i] AN ITALIAN CORPORATION [i]You have two cows, but you don't know where they are. You decide to have lunch. [/i] A RUSSIAN CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. You count them and learn you have five cows. You count them again and learn you have 42 cows. You count them again and learn you have 2 cows. You stop counting cows and open another bottle of vodka. [/i] A SWISS CORPORATION [i]You have 5000 cows. None of them belong to you. You charge the owners for storing them. [/i] A CHINESE CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. You have 300 people milking them. You claim that you have full employment, and high bovine productivity. You arrest the newsman who reported the real situation. [/i] AN INDIAN CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. You worship them. [/i] A BRITISH CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. Both are mad. [/i] AN IRAQI CORPORATION [i]Everyone thinks you have lots of cows. You tell them that you have none. No-one believes you, so they bomb the **** out of you and invade your country. You still have no cows, but at least now you are part of a Democracy.... [/i] AN AUSTRALIAN CORPORATION [i]You have two cows. Business seems pretty good. You close the office and go for a few beers to celebrate [/i]
@fwidman (11515)
Ya know, this makes almost perfect sense
@James72 (26829)
It's a close tie between owning two cows in either Australia or Russia for me mykl! But I do have to admit that the surrealism aspect appeals to me also. Maybe you could add New Zealand cows? Both are pregnant yet neither of them had anything to do with it! (Forgive me any New Zealanders on mylot but I HAD to do it!)
@MsTickle (24993)
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!Hic! Burrrp!
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Hi Santa, your information is really educational.
this i have heard atleast 2 decades back. no idea how and where this originated. but a nice way to explain different systems. also this was part of osho's discourse where he used these in a more humorous way.
@ZephyrSun (7385)
Thanks for sharing, I haven't seen this one and it's great!
@NonaSaile (926)
You make a very good economic researcher/analyst! I've copied it to send to a personal friend or two, hope you don't mind.
Zeitgeist Addendum - This is a free movie available at www.zeitgeistmovie.com It will explain to you why the Bailouts are a good thing and who's making the most from them.
That's too funny!!! I'm going to have to send this one to my friend and see how long it takes to get forwarded back to my inbox! To explain American economics, have you seen the movie Zeitgeist Addendum? It's at zeitgeistmovie.com if you're interested. Happy MyLotting!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey myklj! What a great bunch of symbolism! I love it! I don't know who wrote it but it was quite brilliant and very funny! I don't know if everyone will appreciate, but I sure did! But, I kind of have a warped sense of humor anyway! Too bad it they didn't get it! Very cleverly written! Now I want a cow too!
Hi myklj999, That is so funny, but who said only our cows gets mad cow diease eh, so what about the French? they have mad cow so they eat their horses. hehe. That was very good. Tamara
funny.
@spalladino (17925)
Ah, yes, economics....it's all about how you arrange em, how you count em and how you move em. I don't know which of my favorite three were funnier...the German Corporation, the Italian Corporation or the Russian Corporation.
@camomom (7536)
I want to be in the Australian Corporation!!!!
@mands61123 (2098)
ha ha ha i love this excellent lol love the avtar btw aswell hope your well!