spending the whole day...

@vanities (11351)
Davao, Philippines
Yesterday that was a sunday here i spent the whole day helping my hubby to put up a plastic christmas tree, and hang some decors on it, i put a christmas wreath on my front door and afterward i felt that christmas is just along the corner in my house now and memories flows in my mind last years celebration....what about you guys when do you think is the perfect time to begin decorating your respective houses in preparation for the holiday season, and of course your preferences of kinds of tree(plastic or real tree)..
@arkaf61 (10891)
It really depends for us. We have been painting our Christmas tree in the living room door for the past few years LOL It was a last resource because we had no space for a tree anymore. It worked quite well because the tree always gets a bit of each one of us.. and then when Xmas is over we repaint the door again:)
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
great!!! maybe i will try that next time..
@suzzy3 (8400)
What a novel idea I would never have thought of that one.
@arkaf61 (10891)
Necessity is the mother of invention LOL We had no space whatsoever where to put up a tree :)
@cream97 (29175)
Well for me, I plan to decorate two weeks right before Christmas time. This would be a better time for me. I don't want to put up my Christmas tree too early, for fear that my little one will mess it all up. So, I plan to put it up closer to the holiday.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
youre right decorating two weeks maybe appropriate..
@cream97 (29175)
Thank you for the BS!
@KrauseHome (33372)
Well, my husband and I do not put up a Tree as we actually have no where to put one, but we did put up our wreath on the door outside tonight, and put up the few Christmas decorations around the house that we do have. I would love to also have a manger scene or something to put out, but do not have any of them yet either.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
a wreath is nice!! i have one too in my front door!!
@suzzy3 (8400)
What a wonderful day you have had.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
thanks for dropping by
@diansinta (7554)
That activity sound great I want someday i can wrap present with my husband. That sound romantic .. Happy posting vanities, oxox'dian from bali island.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
hi diansinta!thanks for dropping by..
@Mathurin (491)
the christmas spirit always comes early in the philippines, i pity those who prepared for the halloween because only few people has paid attention almost everyone is preparing for christmas you see, even at times like this, when there's crisis, people will never think of not celebrating, they would spend less, yes but never 'not to spend', that will kill the excitement and the joy this season brings as for me, it's already time to prepare for christmas as soon as the last quarter sets in... i already have list of things to do and people to give gifts to...
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
thanks for dropping by and giving your ideas ..
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey vanities! Well I'm not quite ready to put up my tree yet. I am in the middle of re-decorating my apartment and have some more work to do before I can think about putting up the tree. I have some furniture that needs re-painting first. And then I have to put up curtains and put some things away and do some other odds and ends. I am hoping to get this done by the first week in December. I have an artificial tree that is 6 1/2 feet tall. I will need to get some new ornaments for it because I had thrown out the glass ornaments that I had because of my cats. So now I will have to replace them with non-breakable ones.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
you still have more times opal, some even decorated on the 16th of december..that was when im still single ..my mom started decorating during the first day of the midnight mass/novena..
@gr8life (6253)
Hello vanities, Normally I start to decorate my house for festive season a month before the celebration. I don't know why my husband is getting lazy nowadays and I have to do everything on my own. I usually spring clean the house a month before the celebration and start to decorate it maybe one or two weeks before the festive season comes..
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
@jillhill (37354)
I have been busy with making different projects for the holiday season...tonight I finished a lighted snowman that will sit on my front porch. So tomorrow I'll be starting the decorating process. I have two trees....both artificial. I always had real ones until my son moved out and I couldn't put them up or haul them out myself after Christmas. So this next week my house will be transformed from it's usual decor to the spirit of Christmas.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
wow lighted snowman...i really would like to have a snowman..but i guess i cant find one here in our locality..is it a life size then?
@mengrufa (239)
We do hold some parties and activities around , invit many our friends to join us. Sometimes we play games , and send the prize to the game winner. We sing Christmas song altogether, give best wishes for the next year. Every year we have activities , but every year isn't the same. So when we enjoying this , we would gain the memories of the past, thinking that we are grown up , and will have a nice future. Have a good day.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
great! im sure youre having fun during the holiday season...
@jep_toyo (1607)
Mom started putting Christmas lights after All souls day... we dont have Christmas tree here ever since we moved here (10 years)... Well we never really put up a christmas tree even when I am younger except whenever I need to make a Christmas tree project when i was still small... Anyway... we usually start decorating the house after All souls day...
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
great! thanks fro dropping by..but in your deepest mind do you think you like putting a christmas tree of your own when you get married in the near future?
@suzzy3 (8400)
I expect we will start putting up the decorations next weekend and I cannot wait it is such fun.we will have an artificial tree as it will last for years , we have tried to have areal tree but we have such a small room it keeps getting knocked so we have given up with that one, but we will put up streamers and string for the chrismas cards it is only four weeks away so we must finish the christmas shopping.It is a happy time and you are right the happy memories come flooding back and anticipation of happy times to come.
@sivanj (1263)
first of all i wish everyone in advance for christmas. well it has been happy time at your end. but it was a different scenario all together here. i am from south India and the rain lashed out for over a week continuously and the streets and lakes were fully water laden. even water started entering the houses in many places. luckily not in my house. so as a precautionary measure i had to arrange all the things on the shelves, clean the house and shelves and things of that sort were the part of my busy schedule during the weekend.
@vanities (11351)
• Davao, Philippines
ohhh ..i see...hope that its all over i mean the bad weather and everything...have a nice day!
@suruchi86 (1873)
I'm so sorry for coming in so late. However, this old discussion has rekindled the memories of festive season. As I'm a Hindu, we don't celebrate Christmas in our homes, however we celebrate with full zeal in our Christian friend's homes. Though the next Christmas is still some distance away, I'm looking forward to celebrate it eagerly.