Walmart Is Making Money

It seems Walmart, and McDonalds are the only two companies that are actually making money. I was in Walmart Friday night, and it was mobbed. However I did notice, people were browsing, and looking, no long lines, and no carts full of merchandise.
@camomom (7537)
My fiance works at Walmart and I used to work there. Their sales are way up. Their stock is way up. I guess they really are the cheapest place in town. I feel bad for the other business's.
Well here where we are, they are the only place in town. Except for some small boutiques that just can not match their prices, they are it.
@camomom (7537)
That's pretty much how it is everywhere now a days. They're putting everyone out of business. It's kind of sad.
@hellcowboy (7383)
This is a pretty good discussion and I am sure there are a lot of people out there who think Wal Mart is making a lot of money either because they have seen a lot of people in the store shopping or because of the holidays,and then I am sure there are a lot of people who do not think Wal Mart is making money either because they have not seen a lot of people at Wal Mart or because no one else is making much money due the state of the economy,and hopefully the economy will turn around soon and people will start having more money,and they will be able to start buying stuff again,and then more places will get business,and things will turn back to normal,but at least the gas prices are down right now,but there is no telling how long they will remain down,and I can understand why or why not someone would think Wal Mart is making money because it is really hard to tell and the only one who truly knows if they are making money is Wal Mart themselves,and I can believe that it was mobbed in there,but I am sure there was probably a lot of people browsing and looking,without there being long lines,or carts full of merchandise,I personally think Wal Mart is making money especially since most of them sell groceries and I think a lot of people go there for groceries my mom for example does ninety nine percent of her grocery shopping at Wal Mart because they usually have cheaper prices,and I think Wal Mart is making money during the Christmas season because they have a lot of cheap prices so people can spend less money on Christmas gifts by going to Wal Mart,and I think some people might go in to browse to see what they want to get,and then they plan on going back later to purchase whatever it was they found,and my brother works third shift maintenance at a Wal Mart and even during the night they have shoppers,and he said on Black Friday it was completely packed,and they could not even clean the store at three am because of all the people and he said they started coming in at ten pm Thursday night.
According to the DOW, they are one of the very few companies turning a profit. You are probably right, because they offer groceries as well as other goods, that is probably why they are doing better than others.
@cjgrooms (4457)
This year i am giving my children and g-children savings accounts and just a couple of small things but those things i put on layaway at K-Mart.
I really miss layaway. I do not have a Kmart near me, so I can not take advantage. The savings accounts are a wonderful idea.
@KrauseHome (32392)
Well, I have found it depends on when you go to a WalMart, and which one, and what time of day around here as to how many people you will find shopping there, and what type of lines and service you will get. We have gone many times when it seemed as well as the store was crowded, and the lines were not that Bad. But since we have WalMarts here in our area with McDonalds in them, they are usually always full with lines waiting to be served as well. So maybe that is part of them both being so busy and making money?