House explodes in Allentown, PA!!

@jerzgirl (8013)
Gloucester City, New Jersey
And the two men inside the house SURVIVED!!! The story doesn't say how badly hurt they were, just that they were conscious when taken to the hospital. I'm assuming one of them was wheelchair bound because a wheel chair was blown into and hanging from a nearby tree!! This house isn't just badly damaged, people - this house is GONE!!! Can you imagine the force of that explosion?? And those two guys lived through it!!! I don't know what they were doing or even IF they were doing anything to cause this to happen, but I sure hope they realize how fortunate they are and make use of their second chance at life. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/House-Explodes-in-Allentown.html#H9tgi85sKuXq_VT2PqzjSFFohmFkWs5GrzhXVnwNlXy0A_qEM26ZLae1ZDCsiLkj0oso4hlpqd8jtTeusSwGivf3xWl4pWhBmQQnVUIgTCNRZIr8AwMD They will have more on our local news later, but for now, this is all there is. How frightening that had to have been for EVERYONE! The guys inside didn't have a chance to be afraid - but the neighbors heard and felt the explosion and saw the debris. How do you think you would have reacted if this had happened near you? Would you be concerned that if there was a defect that caused the explosion that maybe your house had one as well? Would you even think that at all?
Good Lord!!! I hadn't seen or heard about this! That's awful!! what a miracle they are alive! Looks like a big bomb went off, major gas leak something?? I wonder if they found out what caused this yet?? What was hanging in the tree?? Was that the wheelchair?? I just cannot imagine being in that or seeing it after it happened; damn scary!
@jerzgirl (8013)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I thanked you because you did me that favor I asked of you. I am most appreciative!
@Feona1962 (7527)
Wow!!!!! Holy Crap...it is amazing no one was killed...It will be interesting to hear what caused it...and the houses next door are still intact...Unbelievable
@jerzgirl (8013)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Right now, it seems they're assuming it was a gas leak, but they don't know because they got no excess gas readings. But, there was nothing else around that they have found that might have been a cause. Here's the newest news I've found on it. Neither man used the wheelchair - it was for their mother when she'd come to visit from the nursing home. Thank God she wasn't there that day. http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7943782&version=12&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
@tyc415 (5706)
Something like this did happen just a few houses down from my father in law one time. We had a bad hurricane and when we were able to get out on the road we went to check on him and that is when we saw what had happened. The man had gone to a friends for the hurricane and when he come home he opened the door and flipped the switch for the light and it caused a spark in the house that had gotten a gas leak from a break I guess due to the hurricane. It blew the front of the house off and threw him out in the yard but he was ok, no serious injuries.
@jerzgirl (8013)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Wow - very lucky man! I think I'd be afraid to open my door after that. I really do hate gas. I'd rather have electric stoves and radiators for heat. But, my son is a natural gas rigger working in Wyoming and it's an otherwise clean fuel, so I can't complain.