Help, how do I handle this situation with my neighbor

@venshida (4837)
I just look in the back of my yard, and there are about 10 bags of trash. I think my neighbor kid did it, but I have no proof. I have not call the cops, because I am not sure what to do. My BF states open the bag look for a piece of mail then take it to the owner and tell them remove the garbage. I am not sure if this is the right approach. My daughter had a problem with one of the neighbor kids, and I think that's why they did it. I desperately need ideas. The kids I am talking about are teenagers so they no better.
@cryw0lf (1302)
If you get proof, then talk to your neighbors (the parents), if they do nothing about it, then cut open their trash bags in there yard, and leave it littered. Simple as that, give as good as you get. Just make sure they're the ones doing it.
@venshida (4837)
I am going to try to identify the trash owner, and hopefull I get resolution.
@LifeGuru (923)
Just deal with it, trash it, move on. If there are some witnesses but the person who did that won't fess up since they are arrogant. Then so be it. Things should not end up like a war over garbage. It doesn't really make the innocent behalf any different than the guilty since they kind of hold a grudge among the guilty.
@venshida (4837)
Well, I don't think cleaning up and move on is the best approach. If it is ignored, I think they will continue doing it. I don't want to start a war over the issue, but whoever did it need to know this is wrong and a stop need to be put to it. I don't want to spend my days picking up someone else trash. I am going to see if I open the bags and if I find any identifying info on the culprit and I will add better lighting in the back so it's not so dark in the future.