The Best Banana Bread I Have Ever Tried!!

If you are looking for a great banana bread recipe then search no more! This bread is so good! When I make it I usually double the recipe and make one large loaf and a few mini loaves to share with my clients. They enjoyed it so much that they now save their over ripened bananas for me as they hope to get another loaf! The original recipe came from Recipezaar.com I modified it by adding the whole wheat flour. 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened) 1 cup sugar 2 Eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup mashed banana 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease large loaf pan. Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Add bananas, sour cream and nuts. Mix well. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in middle of loaf comes out clean.
@stephcjh (32327)
Thanks for sharing this with all of us. I love banana bread too. I just made some not too long ago. I will have to give this a try some time.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It really is goooood.
@melanie652 (2525)
That sounds like a great recipe? I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!
Enjoy! It is a good one!
@webeishere (36353)
Thanks. This is about the same one I use. I love banana bread and zuchinni bread. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I make this at least a couple times or more a month. Using the whole wheat flour gives it more substance.
@webeishere (36353)
I like the idea of the sour cream in it.
It makes the bread very moist and not too heavy.
@winterose (39916)
sounds really delicious
It really is. I hope you give it a try.