You Need to Know This If You Eat Tyson Chicken

@nanajanet (4437)
I do not eat any chicken but free range chicken, and this is one reason why. At http://www.naturalnews.com/024756.html it states... [i]Tyson Foods, the world's largest meat processor and the second largest chicken producer in the United States, has admitted that it injects its chickens with antibiotics before they hatch, but labels them as raised without antibiotics anyway. In response, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) told Tyson to stop using the antibiotic-free label. The company has sued over its right to keep using it. The controversy over Tyson's antibiotic-free label began in summer 2007, when the company began a massive advertising campaign to tout its chicken as "raised without antibiotics." Already, Tyson has spent tens of millions of dollars this year to date in continuing this campaign. [/i] I do not know why they do this? What in Heaven's name is the reason for this?
wow I didn't know that. I hate when companys dont tell us the truth about what we are eating and drinking. Thats why I grow or raise allot of my food if i can.
@nanajanet (4437)
The worst part is that the FDA lets them get away with it!!!
im not sure what exactly you are asking about. Why do they use antibiotics? or why they are trying to sue for the right to keep using the label? money money is the reason for the antibiotic use..and since the label says "RAISED without antibiotics" that itself is true since they chickens are not injected with antibiotics AFTER they hatch. a neat little loophole in the wording that they are taking advantage of, unfortunatly. having a label saying no antibiotics is a big seller nowadays, when ppl are looking for organic foods more often.